ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependent- 5 yrs route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mo_haq
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR after 5 years Under Different Visa categoriies

Post by mo_haq » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Hello Guys,

Can you please confirm below queries

I have my British Passport pending in few months ( Main Applicant )

My wife have on been different categories since she came in UK that is 01/2009

Tier 2 General Dependent (01/2016 to 03/2019 )
ILR/ settled person dependant ( from 05/2019 - current)

She will be completing 5 yrs in UK in 01/2021

Can i apply for her ILR after 5 yrs considering she never had any issue with her immigration & but on different categories?

Or do i need to wait till 5 yrs to complete from she became dependent of settled person that is 05/2024?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse ILR after 5 years Under Different Visa categoriies

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Can i apply for her ILR after 5 yrs considering she never had any issue with her immigration & but on different categories?
No. You can't combine visa categories for ilr based in 5 years.
Or do i need to wait till 5 yrs to complete from she became dependent of settled person that is 05/2024?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mo_haq
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependent- 5 yrs route

Post by mo_haq » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Hello Gurus,

Can you please advise on below queries. Thanks in Advance

I have my Partner as ILR dependent on my status since 04/2019 I have given ILR on 10 yrs route in April.

My question is when can she apply for ILR

she have been in UK since 01/2016 on different categories, Can we apply for ILR after 5 yrs in UK on diffrent categories ?

her status since 01/2016 is below.

01/2016 to 04/2019 - Tier 2 Dependent
04/2019 to Present - ILR Dependent

she will complete 5 yrs in UK on 01/2021.

some one told me we can apply for her ILR as she been on my dependent since last 5 yrs. please clarify on this

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Dependent- 5 yrs route

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:09 pm

Topics Merged!!

I already answered your question when you asked in March. The advice remains the same and does not change, your dependent needs 5 years in ONE SINGLE visa category, FLR(M) spouse for 5 years, before they can qualify for ILR.. I suggest stop listening to 'someone'.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:47 pm
No. You can't combine visa categories for ilr based in 5 years.
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: ILR for Dependent- 5 yrs route

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:01 pm

For ILR, you would need either five years of residence in the UK on the same visa OR 10 years of continuous residence in the UK on different visas.

You can combine different visas on the 10 year Long Residence ILR route, not on the five year spousal visa route.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.