ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr set m help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sally1

ilr set m help

Post by sally1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 am

Can you pls help with the following questions on form set m:
1. Question 3.2 do you or your spouse have any children under 18...who are dependent on you? and they are applying for ILR please give details below.
In my case the answer for the first part is yes i do have dependents but they are NOT applying for ILR as they are British Citizens...my question therefore is do i need to fill this part of the form?

2.I have prepared all the specified docs re marriage subsisting ie bills/corres etc. I am going to provide ONLY the stuff they have asked for or do i need to provide anything else?

Thanks

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:37 am

Using your numbering :-
  1. Clearly the answer to Q3.2 is Yes, so answer in that way. Then as the next section of the form reads "If you have answered yes to question 3.2 and they are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants, please give their details below." (my emphasis) But as you are not applying for ILR for any children, no need to enter the details about children.
  2. Just look at the check-list on page 15 of 20, and the greater detail on page 16.
John

sally1

form set m form ilr

Post by sally1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:27 pm

Thanks John for your reply. Much appreciated.

I want to submit the application with as the HO specify "You only have to provide those which are relevant to your case" so there can be no ambiguity whatsoever.

Thanks