ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by amyabaker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am

Hello,

Is anyone else having trouble paying the correct Immigration Health Surcharge amount? I received a letter in the post saying I needed to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge and the surcharge was £500 for 2.5 years.

Once I went to the website to pay, it said I had to pay £1,000. I called the immigration contact centre and they said the price had increased on the 8th of January but I would be due a refund as my letter clearly stated £500 not £1000.

I emailed applyonlineE-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but it's been 4 days and have not heard back.

Is anyone else experiencing the same.

Many thanks,

Amy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 am

Is anyone else having trouble paying the correct Immigration Health Surcharge amount? I received a letter in the post saying I needed to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge and the surcharge was £500 for 2.5 years.
Note that IHS is NOT payable for ILR and your previous posts suggest you submitted form SET(M) for ILR. If HO have asked you pay IHS, then you likely won't get ILR but be put on the FLR(FP) 10 year Partner route due to the issue of your financial requirements.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-m-applic ... l#p1723884
Once I went to the website to pay, it said I had to pay £1,000. I called the immigration contact centre and they said the price had increased on the 8th of January but I would be due a refund as my letter clearly stated £500 not £1000.
You need to pay what the current fee is, ie from 8th January.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by amyabaker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am

Yes that is exactly what has happened. I was put on the 10 year route due to not being able to demonstrate I meet the income threshold.

Strange that the adviser on the UKVI helpline said I would be issued a refund since the letter from Home Office said £500 not £1000.

I wonder if there is another email address or phone number I could contact.