ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Law Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Barbieukdoll
Newly Registered
Mood:
Uganda

In Law Visit Visa

Post by Barbieukdoll » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

Please I'm in a bit of a dilemma . We have a family ceremony coming up this December and i need to invite my sister's husband's Sister (Brother in law's sister) :? to the event ( we need to apply for a visit visa for her). My sister and her family already got their own visa . I'm filling out the application form for my Brother in law's sister and i really need honest help on how to address her aka what title to give her for the application purpose.

my questions are as follows,

Who is my sister's husband sister to me :? ? . How do i address her as per relationship wise when filling out a visit visa application form .

How do i prove my relationship with her to UKVI ? . We don't have any pictures together aside whatsapp conversations. call logs . I will also be part sponsoring her trip .

is it necessary to include the granted visa of my actual sister and her family to support the application ? .

i would really appreciate your help because we met all the requirements for a visit visa other but I'm struggling to find the perfect title to give her since i was told she can't be addressed as my sister in law and also how i need to prove she is my sister's husband sister :? .

Your input is really appreciated .

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: In Law Visit Visa

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Barbieukdoll wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:09 pm
Hello Everyone,

Please I'm in a bit of a dilemma . We have a family ceremony coming up this December and i need to invite my sister's husband's Sister (Brother in law's sister) :? to the event ( we need to apply for a visit visa for her). My sister and her family already got their own visa . I'm filling out the application form for my Brother in law's sister and i really need honest help on how to address her aka what title to give her for the application purpose.

my questions are as follows,

Who is my sister's husband sister to me :? ? . How do i address her as per relationship wise when filling out a visit visa application form . sister-in-law

How do i prove my relationship with her to UKVI ? You can't.. We don't have any pictures together aside whatsapp conversations. call logs . I will also be part sponsoring her trip . Gets trickier from that point. Personally, I don't think the relationship (Sismance) is close enough for that.

is it necessary to include the granted visa of my actual sister and her family to support the application ? Not entirely sure how that would aid. All applications are decided on it's own merit. It might be slightly different if you said she was travelling with her brother (your BIL).

i would really appreciate your help because we met all the requirements for a visit visa other but I'm struggling to find the perfect title to give her since i was told she can't be addressed as my sister in law That's what she is. and also how i need to prove she is my sister's husband sister :? .

Your input is really appreciated .
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:

Re: In Law Visit Visa

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:02 am

There is no such thing as sponsorship or inviting someone here under the UK immigration rules for a standard visit visa. You cannot sponsor anyone as a visitor to the UK. Your family members or relatives are expected to satisfy the visa officers on their own when applying for a visit visa. They can claim that they are going to visit family (you)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice