ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it a technical change of employment ????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gaurav

Is it a technical change of employment ????

Post by gaurav » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:37 am

I am on a work permit working in a Hotel,two years ago when I was employed I was on supervisory level ,recently I have been transferred within the same company to a different location and promoted as well to managerial level my questions are as follows -
1. Do I need to do any thing in respect of my work permit because my original work permit was for supervisory level and now I am on managerial level and secondly my salary has increased by 5000 pounds.
2. Secondly my concern is that I have read in different posts about salary levels as my salary is still quiet low under 20 k as it is quiet common in the industry would it any how effect my chances of getting ILR

Thanks in advance for your advices..

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:31 pm

hey guys all the suggestions...and advices would be highly appreciated,plz help me in my dilemma....

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:35 pm

It does seem a bit low for ILR etc but your best bet is to ring a few solicitors as well. The initial assessment from most of these is quite affordable and you will get professional advice.

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:47 pm

I would imagine eyebrows would be raised for a salary under 20K for any job at managerial level - if it is so represented. It may be in your interest to seek advice.

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:54 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your suggestions ,my ILR is atleast two years away right now as it is just 2 years I have been on WP.But do you think I should do anything about it right now???

And about my first concern as I have been transferred within the same company to a different location with a promotion and increase in salary should I do anything regarding that....

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:10 pm

My only advice would be to ensure you are not being taken advantage of by your company. The salary level you indicate( less than 20K AFTER a 5K increase) at managerial level would indicate you are not be paid fairly. This is likely to cause other problems - work permits being the least of them.

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:17 pm

Thanks for your concern,but unfortunately in Hospitality industry it is a competitive salary and the salary I am now is 5k higher then mentioned on my WP so do i need to notify these changes of my salary and adress to Work permit UK....

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:19 pm

I would imagine that if the notification has to be made it would have to be made by the employer rather than the individual. Anyway, I am not an expert on this - maybe someone else can comment.

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:27 pm

I would be great if some senior memebers can shed some light to clear my dilemma's.....