ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long term Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vijay_1234
Newly Registered
India

long term Visitor Visa

Post by Vijay_1234 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi all, I and my wife have ILR Valid till 31 Dec 2024. Planning to apply for Visitor Visa for my inlaws for 5 years. Is that allowed though we have ilr validity only till Dec 2024?

Thanks
Vijay

secret.simon

Re: long term Visitor Visa

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Do your in-laws have a history of prior visit visas to the UK, where they have consistently left the UK before the amount of time that they stated on their visa applications?

It is risky to apply directly for a five year visit visa. It would be better to build up a history of compliance with regular visit visas, kind of like building up a credit score. Then graduate to a two year visa and then a five year visit visa.
Vijay_1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm
Hi all, I and my wife have ILR Valid till 31 Dec 2024....
Is that allowed though we have ilr validity only till Dec 2024?
ILR is valid indefinitely (it's in the name), unless you are absent from the UK for more than two years.

It is the BRP that expires in 2024 (for almost all ILR holders), not ILR itself.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Vijay_1234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vijay_1234 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:56 pm

Thank you Simon. They have come on visitor visa once and left within 6 months. It was in 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Vijay_1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:56 pm
Thank you Simon. They have come on visitor visa once and left within 6 months. It was in 2015.
It is unlikely that they will be granted a 5 year visa if hey have only visited the UK once 6 years ago. They need a few 6 month visas and must abide by their visa conditions and not stay longer than stated in the forms. Then they should try for a 2 year visitor visa and only after that, a 5 year visitor visa.

UKVI expects to see a good travel history and sticking to the rules before longer term visas are granted.

Note that having a 2 or 5 year visa, still does not allow them to stay in the UK for long periods or stay in the UK for more time than they spend in their home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.