ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST MY IMMIGRATION STATUS ABROAD

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Ethan2013
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

LOST MY IMMIGRATION STATUS ABROAD

Post by Ethan2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 am

Hello. I was wondering if there's anyone who can help me with my situation. I lost my immigration status document endorsed with my ILR when I came here to Botswana. I came here towards the end of May 2018 and decided to go back to the UK early August this year.

That's when I noticed that my immigration status document was lost. I was not sure which visa (of any) I needed to apply for in order to return to the UK. I went online and most websites suggested that I apply for a one way replacement brp visa. I reported my status document as lost via the LOST BRP link and the response I got from UKBA suggested that I apply for a transfer of conditions/no time limit visa. The link I clicked on gave 2 options to either apply for a replacement biometric permit or a vignette transfer. I applied for a vignette transfer and I got response from UKVI stating that I had applied for a visa in the wrong category. They also questioned how long I had been out of the UK and why I was issued a Botswana residence permit. They also questioned if I was coming to back to the UK to visit or if I was a returning resident.

Can you please advise me as to which visa I should apply for because I have never held a BRP and I am not sure if I qualify to apply for a single entry replacement biometric permit. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: LOST MY IMMIGRATION STATUS ABROAD

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 am

On what basis did you get ilr and when did you get it?

How long did you live in the UK before leaving?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ethan2013
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Ethan2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:45 am

Thank you for your response. I got my ILR outide immigration rules in March 2010. I have lived in the UK since September 2002. Ever since I was granted my ILR, I do travel to Botswana frequently and on some visits I can stay for up to 5 months.

I was granted my Botswana residence permit in 2016 when I spent about 8 months here. The entry clearance officer asked how long I visited the UK on my return in 2017 but I was working and going to University there. It wasn't a visit and it wasn't stamped in my passport as a visit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:47 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ethan2013
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Ethan2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:11 am

I haven't been away for more than 2 years.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:36 am

Yes. But after having lost your immigration status document, you have no proof that you have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.