ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing convention travel document with ILR stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mihaly93
Newly Registered
Poland

Renewing convention travel document with ILR stamp

Post by Mihaly93 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:07 am

I'm currently renewing my home office refugee travel document. It has my ILR status stamped on it. I never held a biometric residence card and haven't applied for one.

My question is will the renewed document also come with the ILR status stamped on it? I've already submitted the renewal application, but I'm not sure if they still stamp ILR status on travel documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Renewing convention travel document with ILR stamp

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:37 am

My question is will the renewed document also come with the ILR status stamped on it?
No it won't. They don't. ILR is granted in a brp you will need to apply for one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mihaly93
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Renewing convention travel document with ILR stamp

Post by Mihaly93 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:37 am
My question is will the renewed document also come with the ILR status stamped on it?
No it won't. They don't. ILR is granted in a brp you will need to apply for one.
Thank you.

Do you know if they will send back the expired one since the new one won't the have ILR stamped?

Also, to transfer the stamp, the new biometric residence application will ask me to send in the expired ILR passport which I've already sent to the Home Office for the travel document renewal. Do you know how that will work since I've already returned/sent them the travel document with the stamp?