ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visit Visa - Please Help Highly Appreciated

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Standard Visit Visa - Please Help Highly Appreciated

Post by gkaur » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello,

My Nan has had her visit visa to the UK refused twice now and is is so overwhelming because each application we have tried so hard to cover the points we went to a solicitor both times. However this time we were thinking to just do it without a solicitor due to them complicating it too much and the expenses adding up.

All my Nan wants is to visit her daughters even if its for a week it is so genuine but yet getting refused.

I have attached the refusal letter which was refused last year in September.

*You state you wish to visit the UK for 3 months to visit your 2 daughters and their families who are resident there. Whilst I recognise that family visits are important I must consider the information regarding your sponsor's support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules I must assess your own personal and financial cirmcumstances.

*I am aware that you have previously been refused when applying to visit the UK for this purpose. Each new application is assessed on its own merits. It is your responsibility to satisfy me that your circumstances in India are such that if given leave to enter you will comply with all the conditions attached to such leave and that you will leave the UK on completion of the proposed visit.

*Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration when assessing your application for a visit visa. You state on your visa application you are widowed and supported by your son who is resident in Canada. In support of your applications you have provided 2 Western Union transfer slips to demonstrate the cash payments into your account on 9 June 2016 and 11 July 2017. However, these deposits were made 1 year ago and do not demonstrate your son is continuing to provide ongoing support to you.

*In support of your application you have submitted a personal bank statement from an unidentified bank showing a closing balance of INR 3,93,099.24 (£4,736.14). This statement covers the period from 4 June 2016 to 28 June 2017. You have stated that 2 payments totalling INR 33,0000 (£397.59) are also from your son but you have not provided any documents to demonstrate this.

*I further note you have submitted 2 deposit slips from Punjab National Bank for a total of INR 136,080 (£1,639.50). These deposits were issued on 17 July 2017 and 29 August 2017. You have not demonstrated where the funds originated from to purchase these deposits and furthermore, the bank statement you provided only shows transactions up to 28 June 2017. Therefore, I am not satisfied you have sufficient funds available to you in your account to cover all reasonable costs related to your trip.

*To further support your application you have provided a sponsorship declaration from your son, a copy of his Canadian passport and a copy of 2016 Canadian tax return. These documents alone do not demonstrate he has the funds to support you or that he is continuing to support you as both state.

*Whilst you have provided a translated document to demonstrate you own a share of land in Hoshiarpur, this is not sufficient to satisfy me that you have demonstrated sufficient ties to India. Furthermore, in your supporting letter you state your daughters heavily depend on you for emotional and motherly support and you depend on them in the same way at this stage in your life.

*Finally you have addressed the missing documentation for your daughter S Kaur however, in the documents you have submitted a translation of a Ration Card dated 7 September 2005. I note from this document it provides details of family members listing yourself, your son your daughter G kaur and granddaughter. There is no mention of your daughter S Kaur and the documents you provided do not explain this discrepancy. I am therefore not satisfied you have a genuine relationship with one of your UK sponsors as stated.

*On the basis of the documents provided you appear to have no dependant relatives and little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country. In light of all of the above I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family ties, social or economic ties to satisfy me, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to leave the UK on completion of a short visit.

*In considering all the above I am not satisfied that you have established that the strength of your ties, through stability of employment and finances, is such that it represents a strong reason for you to leave the UK after the limited period as stated by you. This leads me to doubt your intentions in applying to go to the UK.

*Each of the factors listed above have not been taken in isolation but considered collectively. From the information on your visa application form and the documents you have submitted. I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as stated. I am further not satisfied that your personal and financial circumstances demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. You application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) & (c).

*Along with your visa application you have raised Article 8. I have considered the information and documents submitted with your application in accordance with current guidance on assessing visa applications. I am satisfied that the circumstances presented in your application are not capable of engaging human rights and therefore a human rights claim has not been made. I have reached this conclusion because you have provided no supporting reasons or further evidence to corroborate the statement that this refusal is a breach or your human rights, or your family's. An assertion, without an indicator of how your rights are affected, does not amount to a human rights claim. You have not raised any exceptional circumstances which warrant a grant of entry clearance outside he immigration rules, Article 8 is not engaged when an applicant wishes to visit an adult child or grandchildren and you have not provided any evidence of why the relationship that you have with your family cannot continue in the same manner as at the current time. Consequently, this decision to refuse your visa application is not a refusal of a human rights clam and there is no right of appeal against this refusal.

Future applications
Any Future UK visa applications you make will be considered on the individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application chane.

In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

From reading this it I would highly appreciate if someone could answer some of the questions I have in mind after reading the refusal.

Firstly, would you think it would be ideal if the second daughter who is my mum and my Aunty were to start account transfers and send my Nan money for financial support. As recently my Uncle due to his own personal things hasn't unfortunately been able to send her money, nevertheless she has her daughters who are willing to do so.

Also she has an elder daughter who lives in India and I am struggling on how to tackle the point of them not being satisfied for leaving the UK since she has her land in India as well as her property and her elder daughter. Also recently she has had a great grandson who she babysits quite a lot and she herself is an independent women who depends financially on her children. Would this be worth mentioning in the next application? Due to them not being satisfied with ties in India.

Also we don't understand why they think she doesn't have a genuine relationship with one of her daughters, this is quite sensitive matter as she does and them saying that is a little offensive to her and she doesn't understand why and what she can do to prove she does. As my Nan will be staying at my Aunt's house and they did a joint sponsorship to clarify the point from the first refusal of them not thinking she has a genuine relationship with second daughter. This just isn't the case because both daughters love her equally and there is no problem at all. Therefore, would you say to apply as a sponsorship next or not too?

Any advice given will be extremely appreciated and if anyone can let us know what we are doing wrong and maybe provide a template or explanation on how to tackle this points so next time she does get approved we are hoping she is here for Christmas this year.

Kind Regards,

Gkaur

marcnath

Re: Standard Visit Visa - Please Help Highly Appreciated

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Sorry to hear that.
The letter does not seem to refer to the daughter who is in India. Did you not submit any documents about her or ?
Where does your mother live ? Does she not own a home ?
It does appear the biggest concern here is there is nothing for your mother to go back to. As long as you can't address that, you will have a challenge with her visa.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am

Firstly Thank you so much Marcnath for replying it is really appreciated as indeed we are having challenges.

So my Aunty in India she is married and we didn't provide that much information about her because we didn't think it was required as much. However my Nan does own a house in India and she has some land in which you receives a share from.

In regards to my Mum S kaur with who they believe doesn't have a genuine relationship does have a home in England as she is married and lives with her two children which is me and my sibling and her husband. Unfortunately, we didn't provide much information about my Mum as my Aunty G Kaur will be the one to keep her at her house.

Also another issue on why we didn't provide as much information for S Kaur (my mum) is because her husband (my dad) is not supportive of this and all the documents and necessary is kept with him which really makes us feel helpless in that manner.

Which documents would you say would be required for S Kaur to provide?
In case she does have some documents of hers that she can provide?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Gkaur

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:35 pm

gkaur wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am
Firstly Thank you so much Marcnath for replying it is really appreciated as indeed we are having challenges.

So my Aunty in India she is married and we didn't provide that much information about her because we didn't think it was required as much. However my Nan does own a house in India and she has some land in which you receives a share from.

In regards to my Mum S kaur with who they believe doesn't have a genuine relationship does have a home in England as she is married and lives with her two children which is me and my sibling and her husband. Unfortunately, we didn't provide much information about my Mum as my Aunty G Kaur will be the one to keep her at her house.

Also another issue on why we didn't provide as much information for S Kaur (my mum) is because her husband (my dad) is not supportive of this and all the documents and necessary is kept with him which really makes us feel helpless in that manner.

Which documents would you say would be required for S Kaur to provide?
In case she does have some documents of hers that she can provide?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Gkaur
I am no expert on this, but as I said before, the main thing the immigration authorities would be concerned about is whether your Nan will go back. The sponsorship here should be less of a concern. Why was your Mom even listed as a sponsor ? Anyway, the only document that should matter is some evidence of the mother daughter relationship (Birth certificate, for example).

When my relatives visited me here, the only information I used to provide is a simple 1 page letter to confirm they would be staying with me (to meet the proof of accommodation). Besides that, it is mainly documents showing a strong connection back home - house ownership, bank accounts, etc. that were supplied. Travel agents back home generally say they needed my payslips, bank statements, etc but those were not documents I wanted to send over and so I did not.

Next time you apply, it will be possibly be much better to have letters from your Aunt in India about how she is close to any grandchildren there (if that is the case) etc etc.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Visitor visas for elderly/adult family members have become far more difficult to obtain following the tightening of the Immigration Rules in July 2012 for Adult Dependent Relative settlement visas. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Thank you for your advice again Marcnath. I think that is something I would not have thought of so I might get my Aunt in India to write a letter about this if it helps support the application in any manner.

Also in regards to the sponsorer, we mentioned my mother in it to clarify the point of her having a genuine relationship and they both would like her to visit and it's not just one-sided; hence why a joint sponsorship was done. However, would you, therefore, recommend only my Aunty G Kaur sponsor's in the next application or may this impact the decision and should remain still as a joint sponsorship?

In addition, Thank you Casa for replying and I know which is quite sad as all she wants to do is visit her daughters and then go back home.

Kind Regards,

GKaur

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:25 pm

Also, my Nan does have her property there and her own land in Punjab; I don't understand why that is not sufficient evidence to prove that she will leave because she has possessions in India and she will not leave that behind. What more can we prove?

She has family and friends and much more relatives in India all she literally wants to do is visit her daughters and grandchildren here.

It's just hard...

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Do you have any template or model letter that could be used to help write letters to support the visa application?

As that would be much appreciated if so.

Kind Regards,

GKaur

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:39 pm

gkaur wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:25 pm
Also, my Nan does have her property there and her own land in Punjab; I don't understand why that is not sufficient evidence to prove that she will leave because she has possessions in India and she will not leave that behind. What more can we prove?

She has family and friends and much more relatives in India all she literally wants to do is visit her daughters and grandchildren here.

It's just hard...
Was all of that submitted ? The refusal seems to have only referred to the deposits from Canada, giving the impression that it was the only means of subsistence for your Nan

gkaur wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:27 pm
Do you have any template or model letter that could be used to help write letters to support the visa application?

As that would be much appreciated if so.

Kind Regards,

GKaur
There are no templates.

Here is what I had used though

===
The Consular office
British High Commission
xxxx

Dear Sir/Madam
Sub : Application for visa for the purposes of a Private visit
I have invited my Father-in-law, Mr. xxx xxx, to visit me and my family in UK this summer. He will be staying with us and I’ll be responsible for his expenses here in UK.
Mr. xxxxx will be visiting us from July to October.
I will be sponsoring his entire travel to the United Kingdom.
I request you to please issue him a multiple entry visa to the United Kingdom.
Please contact me by email (aaa@bbb.com) or on my mobile +44nnnnnnnn if any additional information is needed.
Thanking you,

Yours sincerely
====
gkaur wrote: *Whilst you have provided a translated document to demonstrate you own a share of land in Hoshiarpur, this is not sufficient to satisfy me that you have demonstrated sufficient ties to India. Furthermore, in your supporting letter you state your daughters heavily depend on you for emotional and motherly support and you depend on them in the same way at this stage in your life.

In my opinion, this is the crucial part. It does seem (based on what was presented) that you Nan had close ties and dependence on your Mom and Aunt here in UK. So, I am not surprised the office concluded that there is high chance she may not go back.

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 pm

So would you recommend a letter should be written proving her close ties in India which outweigh the ties here in a way?
Also in the next application if we don't mention her son providing financial support and her daughters here doing so would that strengthen it or risk it in a different manner. Due to my uncle not being able to provide her financially as frequently as before.

Kind Regards,

Gkaur

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Additionally what type of documents would be required for my Nans daughter in India?

Also should my Aunty G kaur only be the sponsorer this time or may this impact the application?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 am

gkaur wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 pm
So would you recommend a letter should be written proving her close ties in India which outweigh the ties here in a way?
Also in the next application if we don't mention her son providing financial support and her daughters here doing so would that strengthen it or risk it in a different manner. Due to my uncle not being able to provide her financially as frequently as before.

Kind Regards,

Gkaur
A letter or anything else will help.
I don't see the value of the Son having provided money a year back - what UKVI will be concerned about is ability of your Nan to sustain herself now and into the future.
gkaur wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm
Additionally what type of documents would be required for my Nans daughter in India?
Nothing specific.

Under the documents submitted, there is just a section for "Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel." Anything to show a stable well established family life for your aunt should help.
gkaur wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm
Also should my Aunty G kaur only be the sponsorer this time or may this impact the application?
I don't even understand what a sponsorer means.

My brother-in-law just sent me the filled in form for my father-in-law's visit next month. I don't see any section asking for sponsor ? Are you using a different form ? There was only a section on Family in the UK, where of course both daughters need to be listed. And another on accommodation - that would just be your aunty's

In the document checklist, there is mention of sponsor's immigration status. It should be fine to include your aunt's passport/BRP copy there

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you for all this time and advice.

Well from what I have been told a sponsor is someone who is supporting the application of the visitor and will provide them the accomodation to stay whilst their duration of the visit.

Okay so if a letter will be written explaining and mentioning about her life in India and how she is satisfied living her life there and that she solely just wants to visit her children here that should strengthen her application?

And I am not sure if I am using the same document checklist or website because I am unable to find this section where it says " Evidence of family members remaining in your home country..." do you have a URL in which you could provide, in order for me to check if it's the same website? As I feel like I am using something different which is this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -documents .

Also when you mentioned the immigration status part do you mean my Aunty G kaur here? - should provide her passport copy because all this was provided before.

Additionally, I am quite worried because if my Aunty G kaur was to provide her documents as a sponsor alone they might again pick up the point of S Kaur (my mum) not having a genuine relationship with her mum. Even though she does I don't know how I should clear this point out? - Would a letter help written from her too? But what would she state in there for them to prove that she does have a genuine relationship even though she is not the sponsorer this time around, or should she also sponsor her visit but that might cause issues again as she won't be able to provide all documents properly.

Also, they picked up upon the ration card I don't if we should mention that in the next application or just ignore it. As my mum and my elder aunty in India isn't mentioned on that card due to being married off in that period of time.

I don't get how they can question how genuine her relationship is with her mother? Though it's perfectly fine?

It is just so complicated and frustrating

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Is each application based freshly without the previous application being affected by their decision do you know?

Kind Regards,

Gurpreet

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 pm

gkaur wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm
Is each application based freshly without the previous application being affected by their decision do you know?
Your rejection letter does say that each application will be treated on its own merit. But I do expect previous refusals to have an impact.
gkaur wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:05 pm
Well from what I have been told a sponsor is someone who is supporting the application of the visitor and will provide them the accomodation to stay whilst their duration of the visit.
So that would be your aunt.
gkaur wrote:

Okay so if a letter will be written explaining and mentioning about her life in India and how she is satisfied living her life there and that she solely just wants to visit her children here that should strengthen her application?
Yes, I believe so.
gkaur wrote:

And I am not sure if I am using the same document checklist or website because I am unable to find this section where it says " Evidence of family members remaining in your home country..." do you have a URL in which you could provide, in order for me to check if it's the same website? As I feel like I am using something different which is this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -documents .
I did not fill the form, so I don't know the details. I noticed it in the document checklist that my brother-in-law sent to me for info. I'll attach an image below.
gkaur wrote:

Also when you mentioned the immigration status part do you mean my Aunty G kaur here? - should provide her passport copy because all this was provided before.
Each application is considered separately, so this has to be provided again
gkaur wrote:

Additionally, I am quite worried because if my Aunty G kaur was to provide her documents as a sponsor alone they might again pick up the point of S Kaur (my mum) not having a genuine relationship with her mum. Even though she does I don't know how I should clear this point out? - Would a letter help written from her too? But what would she state in there for them to prove that she does have a genuine relationship even though she is not the sponsorer this time around, or should she also sponsor her visit but that might cause issues again as she won't be able to provide all documents properly.
Also, they picked up upon the ration card I don't if we should mention that in the next application or just ignore it. As my mum and my elder aunty in India isn't mentioned on that card due to being married off in that period of time.
It is not a required document and I think the ration card confused things last time. You are possibly better off not providing the ration card.
gkaur wrote:

I don't get how they can question how genuine her relationship is with her mother? Though it's perfectly fine?
Is there no birth certificate or any document that shows the relationship ?
gkaur wrote:

It is just so complicated and frustrating
Yes it is, And two refusals are going to mean it is even harder this time.
Document Checklist
Attachments
2018-07-11.png
Document checklist
2018-07-11.png (125.13 KiB) Viewed 1996 times

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Also additionally about the ration card would attaching my mother marriage certificate address the point of why she may not have been on the ration card as she got married in 1994. But would this mean that My Aunty in India would also have to show her marriage certificate too? - or should it just be my mums marriage certificate? Or should we even do that?

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm

In the previous applications her son has been seen o be providing her financial support however unfortunately due to his perosnl reasons he hasnt been able to send her money as regularly. So how will we be able to address this in the next application?

However my mum and my Aunt have opened a joint account with punjab national bank in which they are sending her money.

Should my mum also be a sponserer because in the 1st application my Aunty G kaur was the only sponsorer in this recent one the 2nd time they did a joint sponsorship. - due to the 1st refusal saying they are not sure about the genuine relationship of my mum S Kaur.
What should be done in the next sponsorship just my Aunt or should they do it together due to having a joint account in which they are sending their mother finanical support?

Also I am not able to view the image as it says i dont have permission so isnt allowing me to view it.

Yes of course my Aunty will provide all her documents again but would my mothers be required this time too or will it depend on whether if they both are sponsoring her?

Unfortunately, my mum said it will be extremely difficult to find her birth certificate because of it being such a long time and also in India she was born in Punjab and she has tried to get a replacement but it is so hard in India as they ask such questions which arent even possible to answer. So what would be the alternative to her birth certificate?

That's fine we will not provide the ration card but would it be valid to prove why her name was not in there by attaching her marriage certificate to prove why she wasn't? or should we leave it incase of over complicating things?

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Actually, her marriage certificate has her mothers name on it and fathers proving they are mother and daughter so im guessing this should be strogn evidence to prove the genuine relationship?

Also this doesn't mean this has be done for all of my Nan's children does it showing their birth certificate? Since they only have an issue with my mums S kaur

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 pm

sorry i mean she has her fathers name on it not mothers

i don't know what could be the alternative option?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 pm

This has gone on much longer than I expected.
I would like to once again state that I am no expert on this and am just voicing my opinions.
I can't tell you what to do and you need to make decisions yourself.
gkaur wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 pm
sorry i mean she has her fathers name on it not mothers

i don't know what could be the alternative option?
If you don't have anything, this will probably work. I guess her father's name is there in your Nan's passport as husband name.
gkaur wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm
In the previous applications her son has been seen o be providing her financial support however unfortunately due to his perosnl reasons he hasnt been able to send her money as regularly. So how will we be able to address this in the next application?
You don't have to include this at all.
gkaur wrote:

However my mum and my Aunt have opened a joint account with punjab national bank in which they are sending her money.
If the account is in your Mom and Aunt's name, I don't see what value it adds. What UKVI will be looking for in you Nan's own assets.
gkaur wrote:

Should my mum also be a sponserer because in the 1st application my Aunty G kaur was the only sponsorer in this recent one the 2nd time they did a joint sponsorship. - due to the 1st refusal saying they are not sure about the genuine relationship of my mum S Kaur.
What should be done in the next sponsorship just my Aunt or should they do it together due to having a joint account in which they are sending their mother finanical support?
gkaur wrote:

Also I am not able to view the image as it says i dont have permission so isnt allowing me to view it.
I have now added that as a clickable link
gkaur wrote:

Yes of course my Aunty will provide all her documents again but would my mothers be required this time too or will it depend on whether if they both are sponsoring her?

Unfortunately, my mum said it will be extremely difficult to find her birth certificate because of it being such a long time and also in India she was born in Punjab and she has tried to get a replacement but it is so hard in India as they ask such questions which arent even possible to answer. So what would be the alternative to her birth certificate?
Old Indian passport/PIO cards had that information (I think). School leaving certificate is another one. And as discussed above, the marriage certificate may work.
gkaur wrote:

That's fine we will not provide the ration card but would it be valid to prove why her name was not in there by attaching her marriage certificate to prove why she wasn't? or should we leave it incase of over complicating things?
I think it will just complicate things.

gkaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by gkaur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Thank you and apologies.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm

gkaur wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:48 pm
Thank you and apologies.
You are welcome and no need to apologise.
Just wanted to reiterate that I am not an immigration professional and you should not be overly dependent on my comments