ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling back home without UK Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MACY
Pakistan

Traveling back home without UK Visa

Post by MACY » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:11 am

Hi
A friend of mine has applied for spouse visa within the UK he was a student. Its been 12 Months no reply from HO. His mother is sick in Pakistan and he needs to travel asap. He has his Pakistani passport in hand. My understanding is he can travel back home without any problems on his Pakistani passport. Do you think it’s correct? Any precautions he should take? On arrival in Pakistan at all? As his Visa has expired long ago. Please advise thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Traveling back home without UK Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:19 am

He is free to leave the UK. He will need a visa to return.

Note that his spouse visa application will be automatically withdrawn and he will lose the visa fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:26 am

Now main concern is if Pakistani authorities will bother him at arrival in Pakistan. As his Visa is stuck and old one has expired already. He is leaving on Sunday.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:32 am

It is irrelevant to the Pakistan authorities. His visa or lack thereof is relevant only to the UK!!

Hope he is prepared for a long stay, spouse visa from abroad take 24 weeks plus often.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:10 pm

Hi seniors
My friend’s spouse visa application was in process. (EU PR holder spouse). And after waiting 12 months he left the country. If his BRP comes in his absence in UK can he travel back to UK on it?
If his application has been withdrawn automatically, then how will home office know that he has left the country already?
His wife has also resigned from her job and left the UK with him. In order to apply for a fresh Visa does she needs to be earning and living in The UK? She is EU national with UK PR.
please share your expert opinion. Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 am

MACY wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:10 pm
Hi seniors
My friend’s spouse visa application was in process. (EU PR holder spouse). And after waiting 12 months he left the country. If his BRP comes in his absence in UK can he travel back to UK on it? I seriously doubt it would come.
If his application has been withdrawn automatically, then how will home office know that he has left the country already? Because the HO gets a travel manifest of every airline that leaves the country. Also for arrivals, the have the API's that helps them know who is coming in.
His wife has also resigned from her job and left the UK with him. In order to apply for a fresh Visa does she needs to be earning and living in The UK? She is EU national with UK PR. Yes she needs to be earning here and meet the minimum requirements. There's no special treatments for EU's with PR's.
please share your expert opinion. Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:44 pm

Thanks a lot. Clears many doubts.