ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk standard visitor visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raththam

uk standard visitor visa query

Post by raththam » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:11 am

My in-law visited uk in march 20 on uk standard visitor visa and left to sweden on june 03 on sweden visa..( they have both visa)

they have uk visitor visa up until sep 12th 2023..

they will go to india from sweden end of sep 2023.

how soon they can apply for uk standard visitor visa because they need to come to uk for another 6 months..
can they apply immediately as soon as the arrived or they need to wait any time period like three months or six months.. any cooling off period for standard visitor visa as such ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: uk standard visitor visa query

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:28 am

Why do they need to come back so soon again and why for 6 months?

They cannot be spending more time in the UK than they do in their home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raththam

Post by raththam » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:28 am
Why do they need to come back so soon again and why for 6 months?

They cannot be spending more time in the UK than they do in their home country.
they need to take care of their son kids when they also move from sweden to uk in the month of sep..

that’s the reason they would like to re apply.. so should they need to be there six months in india at least before they re apply for visitor visa..

so in this case they were here in uk only for 3 months.. and left on june 3rd and would like to come back for another 6 months…

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:19 am

raththam wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:15 am
they need to take care of their son kids when they also move from sweden to uk in the month of sep..
I hope you know childcare is considered employment (and shouldn't be done) by a visitor?
raththam wrote:
that’s the reason they would like to re apply.. so they need to be there six months in india at least before they re apply for visitor visa..
It's not necessarily going to help. The rule includes:
The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor, which means the applicant:
[...]
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home
So if ECO decides she's in the UK too often, even though she's applying as a visitor, it might be refused as well, especially since I assume it wasn't disclosed to ECO she planned to stay for 2 months in the UK initially.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

raththam

Post by raththam » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:00 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:19 am
raththam wrote:
I hope you know childcare is considered employment (and shouldn't be done) by a visitor?
raththam wrote:
that’s the reason they would like to re apply.. so they need to be there six months in india at least before they re apply for visitor visa..
The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor, which means the applicant:
[...]
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home
So if ECO decides she's in the UK too often, even though she's applying as a visitor, it might be refused as well, especially since I assume it wasn't disclosed to ECO she planned to stay for 2 months in the UK initially.
Hi, what is the rule then for a standard visitor who would like to re apply for standard visitor visa( i get the point that child care and employment.. but their intention is not that to take care of child but visiting places as well with their son)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:09 pm

raththam wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:00 pm
meself2 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:19 am
raththam wrote:
raththam wrote:
[...]
Hi, what is the rule then for a standard visitor who would like to re apply for standard visitor visa( i get the point that child care and employment.. but their intention is not that to take care of child but visiting places as well with their son)
They can re-apply at any time. They don't have to wait for a cooling off period.

Please note that reapplying and travelling to the UK are 2 different issues.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!