ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
nali78
Junior Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:42 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by nali78 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:39 am

You should wait at least two weeks then you can escalate your application. I applied on 10th January Biometric 14th January still waiting for the decision.

icenature
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm
Nigeria

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by icenature » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 pm

icenature wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 am
ptriv wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:47 pm
icenature wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:20 am
ptriv wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:55 am


Update

ILR from Set(M)
Super priority service
11 Feb 10pm application form submitted
17 Feb 08:00 biometrics appointment (Croydon)
18th Feb 10:32 am Approval Email Received
Waiting for BPR


Thanks for the update, that was super fast, congratulations. I hope you receive your BRP in no time.
Thank you and I'm sorry to hear yours has taken so long. Did you get any updates? Hope yours is sorted quickly as well!
Thanks, No I haven't.... still waiting. I called UKVI on Monday and they have escalated the issue, i was told i should receive a response between 3-5 working days.
Reading all the threads on here, I'm starting to think i applied too late. I realised I could have applied at the 5 years anniversary and not 28 days before visa expires. When I applied for my last FLM 2.5 years extension, in 2016, it took them over 9 months to respond back to me. Will keep you posted when i hear anything.
Just another Update on my previous post.
Its exactly two weeks today since I had my biometrics taken, I called the UKVI helpline around midday and explained my situation, the guy was a bit hasty and tried to get me off the phone as quickly as he can. He said he can see on his systems that i have been contacted. I said to him i haven't receive any form of correspondence from the Home Office hence my call, he suggest i wait another 3-5 working days as he would be escalating my case.
at 1pm i checked my email again and there it was

Dear XXXX,

"I am pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) via post in due course and these will confirm your immigration status."

I will be contacting them to see if i can get a refund of £800 i paid for the super priority service and will update this post if successful.

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

icenature
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm
Nigeria

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by icenature » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:52 pm

icenature wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 pm
icenature wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 am
ptriv wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:47 pm
icenature wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:20 am




Thanks for the update, that was super fast, congratulations. I hope you receive your BRP in no time.
Thank you and I'm sorry to hear yours has taken so long. Did you get any updates? Hope yours is sorted quickly as well!
Thanks, No I haven't.... still waiting. I called UKVI on Monday and they have escalated the issue, i was told i should receive a response between 3-5 working days.
Reading all the threads on here, I'm starting to think i applied too late. I realised I could have applied at the 5 years anniversary and not 28 days before visa expires. When I applied for my last FLM 2.5 years extension, in 2016, it took them over 9 months to respond back to me. Will keep you posted when i hear anything.
Just another Update on my previous post.
Its exactly two weeks today since I had my biometrics taken, I called the UKVI helpline around midday and explained my situation, the guy was a bit hasty and tried to get me off the phone as quickly as he can. He said he can see on his systems that i have been contacted. I said to him i haven't receive any form of correspondence from the Home Office hence my call, he suggest i wait another 3-5 working days as he would be escalating my case.
at 1pm i checked my email again and there it was

Dear XXXX,

"I am pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) via post in due course and these will confirm your immigration status."

I will be contacting them to see if i can get a refund of £800 i paid for the super priority service and will update this post if successful.

Good luck to everyone else waiting.
Update on Refund.

I replied to the email address that emailed me about my ILR approval and explained my situation and that i should be entitled for a refund. they responded with the email below

"Your application was decided on XXXXXXXX but unfortunately this was not within the 24-hour service standard for super priority applications. I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We will refund the super priority element of the fee you paid (the difference between the cost of making a standard application and a super priority application). We will refund the amount of £800.00 to your credit or debit card in due course.

Yours sincerely"

Once my refund has been received, i will update this post and i hope it helps anyone in similar situation.

ILRM2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:27 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ILRM2020 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Some might find my wife's case useful.
ILR Set(M) - spouse of BC
3 Feb 2020 - Online application submitted
4 Feb 2020 - Super priority service appointment
Approval email was never received
7 Feb 2020 - Letter by post - application has been approved and BRP to be expected within 7 working days
19 Feb 2020 - reported using BRP not delivered service @gov.uk
20 Feb 2020 - Email from BRPDelivery that they can't help with my case as the BRP hasn't been requested! and that we need to contact the Croydon office!
Called UKVI - the advisor suggested to send a letter to the address listed on the letter in case the BRP has not been delivered - He also suggested to the use the BRP not delivered service @gov.uk again.
20 Feb 2020 - A letter sent to the address in case of no delivery and another to the caseworker.
Also on the same day, emailed BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
21 Feb 2020 - received an email from BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to say that this has now been passed to caseworker
24 Feb 2020 - status @ https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work changed at 9:30am ish
24 Feb 2020 - 4:30pm received an email from caseworker - Thank you for your email relating to non-delivery of your BRP. I can confirm that this was due to a technical error...…. Our systems show that your BRP was produced today....
26 Feb 2020 - BRP received

Thank you

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:53 am
Mauritius

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by AnxiousShehz » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:46 pm

AnxiousShehz wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:15 pm
Hello everyone.

I just want to share my experience and give an insight into my own personal situation with HO. Also an update on my case and if everyone can advise further.

I submitted my FLR M application through Super Priority for my leave to remain on the 9th of January.

However I got an appointment for my biometrics on the 22nd of January at Croydon at 9:00 AM. I was there on time and was out at around 10:00. It was quick and the lady who scanned my documents and biometrics was superb, so friendly and put me at ease.
I had a good experience I would say at Croydon. It was a Saturday so I expected my decision to be taken by max Tuesday evening. However when I did not receive an email or mail by Tuesday evening, I waited until the end of Wednesday evening and called up UKVI to complain that I have not yet received a decision. They told me to wait for the end of Friday evening and if nothing then to call back the following Monday for them to escalate matters.

The following Monday, 03 February 2020, I call UKVI to escalate and that is my first official escalation.

Next day, 04 February 2020, I receive an email from UKVI that my escalation has been lodged and they aim to get it to the caseworker asap. However that email is addressed to me in my maiden name which I felt slightly uneasy about.

Fast forward to today, Friday 07 February 2020, I finally get the email from caseworker that my visa has been granted and I will receive my decision letter and BRP in due time. However again this email is addressed to me in my maiden name. And no mention of my super priority refund despite having never had any communication between me and HO within the 48 hrs period( Please note 48hrs is applicable for those who apply during the weekend instead of the standard 24hrs for those who apply during the week ).

Firstly can anyone advise whether despite having made my application in my husband's family name and my passport and previous BRP being my husband's family name, is it possible for the new BRP to be issued in my maiden name? All the scans of my proof of address, my name on the birth certificate of my daughter, my previous BRP and my passport are all in my husband's family name so I am quite confused as to why they would make such a silly mistake/confusion?

Secondly can anyone guide me in the right direction to ask for a refund as UKVI says to contact the caseworker but we cannot reply to the email CW sent.

Thank you everyone.
Update!! I finally got my BRP yesterday evening!!
My story was a bit complicated after I got my approval email as the caseworker got my surname wrong referring to me by my maiden name rather than my husband's surname. Had to email said caseworker and get him to rectify my name on the system and on the BRP card. It was processed on the 14th of February according to caseworker. HOWEVER THAT CASEWORKER ALSO GOT MY POSTCODE WRONG! So I was stressing all these days until yesterday when we noticed the postcode was wrong on my approval letter and we called DX to check the wrong postcode and my surname and there it was in Harlow DX! Drove an hour to Harlow to collect my BRP from there.

My caseworker thankfully kept in touch with us throughout but my whole case was delayed since me submitting application on the 9th of January online and giving my biometrics on the 22nd of January.

Delay 1 : Home office delay despite paying £800 for super priority fees! Biometrics given on the 22nd of January and only got my approval email on the 7th of February.

Delay 2 : Wrong surname when receiving my approval email on the 7th of Feb. Emailed caseworker back immediately and only got an answer back from him on the 13th of Feb that he is amending surname on the system and BRP should be with me within 7 working days.

Delay 3 : Waited 7 working days and emailed caseworker on the 25th of Feb and he replied almost instantly saying BRP was successfully processed on the 14th and should be with me soon.
Only then did we notice he wrote the postcode on my approval letter wrong and decided to call DX!

We sent an email later to the caseworker asking how to go about the refund, however no replies at all. Quite surprised as he kept in touch with us until the refund email.

Is there any other way for us to get our refund? Can anybody point us in the right direction please?

Echinol
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 pm
Mood:

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Echinol » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm

rkmtrk wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Applied for ILR Route : ILR via Tier 2 General 5 years route and 1 dependant(Super priority)
Date application sent : 14/10/2019
Document received by HO :15/10/2019 (Uploaded online on UKVCAS)
Ack letter received (if applicable) : N/A
Biometric Letter received : N/A
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 16/10/2019 @ 08:00 am @ Glasgow
Payment Debited :14/10/2019
Approval/Refusal Received : Confirmation email came through 17/10/2019 @ 11:56am
BRP Card Received : waiting

Few points to mention:
1) Looks like Right to work website doesn't work anymore to check your status, few minutes before i got the email the website displayed this
'We can't show your record
You will need to prove your right to work by showing an employer your identity document – your EU passport or national identity card, or biometric residence document.'.

2) Email of approval comes from a new email(home.office.atlas at notifications.service.gov.uk) and the format is different, Looks more like a Letter that is sent to home address.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Ref: xxxxxxx(your application number)

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.
What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you status.


Happy to answer any questions..
Hello rkmtrk,

Did you receive hard copy letter? If yes how many days later?

Thanks for answer!

icenature
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm
Nigeria

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by icenature » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:15 am

icenature wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:52 pm
icenature wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 pm
icenature wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 am
ptriv wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:47 pm


Thank you and I'm sorry to hear yours has taken so long. Did you get any updates? Hope yours is sorted quickly as well!
Thanks, No I haven't.... still waiting. I called UKVI on Monday and they have escalated the issue, i was told i should receive a response between 3-5 working days.
Reading all the threads on here, I'm starting to think i applied too late. I realised I could have applied at the 5 years anniversary and not 28 days before visa expires. When I applied for my last FLM 2.5 years extension, in 2016, it took them over 9 months to respond back to me. Will keep you posted when i hear anything.
Just another Update on my previous post.
Its exactly two weeks today since I had my biometrics taken, I called the UKVI helpline around midday and explained my situation, the guy was a bit hasty and tried to get me off the phone as quickly as he can. He said he can see on his systems that i have been contacted. I said to him i haven't receive any form of correspondence from the Home Office hence my call, he suggest i wait another 3-5 working days as he would be escalating my case.
at 1pm i checked my email again and there it was

Dear XXXX,

"I am pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) via post in due course and these will confirm your immigration status."

I will be contacting them to see if i can get a refund of £800 i paid for the super priority service and will update this post if successful.

Good luck to everyone else waiting.
Update on Refund.

I replied to the email address that emailed me about my ILR approval and explained my situation and that i should be entitled for a refund. they responded with the email below

"Your application was decided on XXXXXXXX but unfortunately this was not within the 24-hour service standard for super priority applications. I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We will refund the super priority element of the fee you paid (the difference between the cost of making a standard application and a super priority application). We will refund the amount of £800.00 to your credit or debit card in due course.

Yours sincerely"

Once my refund has been received, i will update this post and i hope it helps anyone in similar situation.
Just an update on the Super Priority Service Refund.
I emailed the HO on the 26th and on the same day i sent a letter to them by post. I got a response by email confirming I will be getting a refund but no timeline was given. However on Monday I got a letter from the case worker confirming a refund can take up to 28 days. I just checked checked my bank statement this morning 06/03/2020 and I can confirm that the HO have refunded my £800. It took less than 2 weeks from when i emailed the HO for them to process the refund.

Logans
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:39 pm
Mood:
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Logans » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to share an update on my ILR
Applied for ILR Route: ILR SET (M) (Super Priority)

Application Submitted Online: 05/04/2020
Documents Uploaded: 05/04/2020
Appointment Attended: 06/04/2020 8:40 AM (booked for 9:30 AM at Sheffield, but attended earlier as we arrived an hour earlier)
Approval/Refusal Received: Confirmation email received on 06/04/2020 14:07
BRP Card Received: Awaiting

It was encouraging to read a lot of the posts in this forum. And a lot of the questions we had were asked and answered in this forum.

Regards,
Logan

ariverob
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:43 pm
Venezuela

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ariverob » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi all,

This is my current situation: Tier 4 switching to Tier 2

Application Submitted Online: 21/02/2020
Documents Uploaded: 21/02/2020
Appointment Attended: 24/02/2020 11:00 AM
Approval/Refusal Received: Confirmation email received on 25/02/2020 9:00 AM
BRP Card Received: Awaiting... (as of 6th of March, 9 working days after)

I'm calling DX and TNT twice a day and they told me that they haven't received anything.

I need to travel abroad next Friday for my own wedding...

What should I do??

Thanks!

rel
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:54 pm
New Zealand

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by rel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:06 am

Had my express appointment yesterday for my ILR transfer to a BRP. Had to wait outside for a while until the 9am queue was due to enter the building. On entering ~8.45, and the man seeing I had an express appointment I was whisked through past everyone else, through security, and was in my appointment immediately. I was out at 9.10am.

So I'm pretty pleased I paid for the express appointment.

This morning (Saturday) I received an email simply saying "The decision has now been made on your No Time Limit application and has been posted to your address." Nothing saying if it's a yes or no, but I'm hoping since the decision was so quick, and it's a 'simple' transfer of a vignette in an expired passport to BRP that I'll be receiving happy news Monday/Tuesday?

Has anyone else received a non-confirmatory confirmation email like that before?

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PJUKVIS » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 pm

I will be applying for SET M in the next few weeks and will be paying for the super priority service. Does anyone know which UKVCAS locations offer the super priority service? Is it just the ‘core’ service points or do the ‘enhanced’ locations offer super priority too?

We’re based in Bristol so we’re hoping to not have to travel to London.

Thanks 😁

ariverob
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:43 pm
Venezuela

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ariverob » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:11 am

I
PJUKVIS wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 pm
I will be applying for SET M in the next few weeks and will be paying for the super priority service. Does anyone know which UKVCAS locations offer the super priority service? Is it just the ‘core’ service points or do the ‘enhanced’ locations offer super priority too?

We’re based in Bristol so we’re hoping to not have to travel to London.

Thanks 😁
I did my biometrics at Cardiff Bay enhanced centre, using the Super Priority service. It was actually the cheapest and closest appointment I found. (I also live in Bristol).

arjay
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by arjay » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:44 am

Does anyone know, can one apply for a priority service ILR, but do the biometrics, checking etc at one of the designated libraries, as getting to Croydon would be very difficult.

flicter
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 am
China

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by flicter » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi all,

My current situation: Fiancée Visa switching to Spouse Visa

Super priority service

Application Submitted Online: 12/03/2020
Biometrics appointment and Documents scan (Croydon): 17/03/2020 09:00 AM
No confirmation email yet.
What should I do?

AJwife
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:32 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by AJwife » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:59 am

I had a very positive experience with the Super Priority Service.

I applied to renew my FLR FP 5 year route.

My BRP appointment was on Tuesday 17th 11am, I had an email requesting more information at 4pm which I submitted straight away. I received an email Wednesday at 10am saying granted and I should receive a letter and BRP within 10 days.

flicter
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 am
China

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by flicter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:27 pm

flicter wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:40 pm
Hi all,

My current situation: Fiancée Visa switching to Spouse Visa

Super priority service

Application Submitted Online: 12/03/2020
Biometrics appointment and Documents scan (Croydon): 17/03/2020 09:00 AM
No confirmation email yet.
What should I do?
Received grant letter of leave to remain directly on 20/03/2020! No text message, no email.

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PJUKVIS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:24 pm

ariverob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:11 am
I
PJUKVIS wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 pm
I will be applying for SET M in the next few weeks and will be paying for the super priority service. Does anyone know which UKVCAS locations offer the super priority service? Is it just the ‘core’ service points or do the ‘enhanced’ locations offer super priority too?

We’re based in Bristol so we’re hoping to not have to travel to London.

Thanks 😁
I did my biometrics at Cardiff Bay enhanced centre, using the Super Priority service. It was actually the cheapest and closest appointment I found. (I also live in Bristol).
Thanks for the info. We went to Cardiff Bay today and hope to find out the result before the weekend.

Set M application made online: 23/3/20
Attended appointment at UKVCAS: 26/6/20
Received response: Awaiting

kamalshah74
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 am
Kenya

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by kamalshah74 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:23 am

Any news on your application? I did my biometrics on 23 March (last Monday) and have not yet received a decision (super priority). I have heard that there are delays due to COVID-19 responses. Does anyone know anything on this?

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PJUKVIS » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:21 pm

kamalshah74 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:23 am
Any news on your application? I did my biometrics on 23 March (last Monday) and have not yet received a decision (super priority). I have heard that there are delays due to COVID-19 responses. Does anyone know anything on this?
Hi Kamal,

My wife attended on 26th March and got an email the next day to say the application had exceptionally complex issues so the 24hour deadline would not be met. Did you get this email? Im a little confused by this response because the application was pretty straight forward. I’ll keep you posted. Let me know whether you hear anything on your end....

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PJUKVIS » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:26 pm

It looks like they’re not accepting anymore super priority applications for the time being which might suggest they don’t have capacity to turn applications round in a day:

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PJUKVIS » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm

Set M application made online: 23/3/20
Attended appointment at UKVCAS: 26/3/20
Application successful email: 30/3/20
BRP: Waiting

We received an email this afternoon to say the application was successful. Excellent news!

There was no mention of a refund for taking longer than 1 working day to process the application though. Does anyone know how I go about asking for this?

kamalshah74
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 am
Kenya

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by kamalshah74 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:44 pm

PJUKVIS wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:21 pm
kamalshah74 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:23 am
Any news on your application? I did my biometrics on 23 March (last Monday) and have not yet received a decision (super priority). I have heard that there are delays due to COVID-19 responses. Does anyone know anything on this?
Hi Kamal,

My wife attended on 26th March and got an email the next day to say the application had exceptionally complex issues so the 24hour deadline would not be met. Did you get this email? Im a little confused by this response because the application was pretty straight forward. I’ll keep you posted. Let me know whether you hear anything on your end....
Thanks. I haven't even received the email which is meant to be in 24 hours. It has now been 8 days. I called the HO line and they indicated that the HO is not taking any escalations. I have also written to HO on the complaints email address. No idea what else i can do. And my application was very straightforward too. I have been informed by a lawyer that the HO is really busy, but then some applications are being considered looking at responses on this forum. Oh well, I will just wait as we are not going anywhere for sometime due to COVID-19.

kamalshah74
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 am
Kenya

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by kamalshah74 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm

PJUKVIS wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Set M application made online: 23/3/20
Attended appointment at UKVCAS: 26/3/20
Application successful email: 30/3/20
BRP: Waiting

We received an email this afternoon to say the application was successful. Excellent news!

There was no mention of a refund for taking longer than 1 working day to process the application though. Does anyone know how I go about asking for this?
Excellent! Great stuff. In terms of refund, i understand that you need to write to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk. I don't have any first hand experience and it might be good to see if anyone else has any advice. I intend to write to them too but first need to get my decision email.

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PJUKVIS » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:09 pm

kamalshah74 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm
PJUKVIS wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Set M application made online: 23/3/20
Attended appointment at UKVCAS: 26/3/20
Application successful email: 30/3/20
BRP: Waiting

We received an email this afternoon to say the application was successful. Excellent news!

There was no mention of a refund for taking longer than 1 working day to process the application though. Does anyone know how I go about asking for this?
Excellent! Great stuff. In terms of refund, i understand that you need to write to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk. I don't have any first hand experience and it might be good to see if anyone else has any advice. I intend to write to them too but first need to get my decision email.
We sent an email to the email address I received the success letter from to ask for a refund and they said that because we were notified within 24 hours that my application was ‘complex’ I’m not entitled to a refund.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

How should I take this forwards? As far as I’m concerned, my application was extremely straight forwards. Given the current climate, they probably didn’t have enough time to review the application in full within 24 hours.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79207
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 pm

PJUKVIS wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:09 pm
kamalshah74 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm
PJUKVIS wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Set M application made online: 23/3/20
Attended appointment at UKVCAS: 26/3/20
Application successful email: 30/3/20
BRP: Waiting

We received an email this afternoon to say the application was successful. Excellent news!

There was no mention of a refund for taking longer than 1 working day to process the application though. Does anyone know how I go about asking for this?
Excellent! Great stuff. In terms of refund, i understand that you need to write to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk. I don't have any first hand experience and it might be good to see if anyone else has any advice. I intend to write to them too but first need to get my decision email.
We sent an email to the email address I received the success letter from to ask for a refund and they said that because we were notified within 24 hours that my application was ‘complex’ I’m not entitled to a refund.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

How should I take this forwards? As far as I’m concerned, my application was extremely straight forwards. Given the current climate, they probably didn’t have enough time to review the application in full within 24 hours.
If you received an email from ho shortly after submitting biometrics stating it will take a bit longer to process the application, then no, you don't get a refund of the super priority fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron