ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Denied

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pigtails334
Newly Registered
India

Visit Visa Denied

Post by Pigtails334 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:36 am

Hi , I am an assistant professor , who newly got a permanent job, I was working as an adhoc in another University where my pay was more than my permanent job.
My paper got selected for a conference in Southampton, I don't understand how I can prove my intent to return. I even gave a No objection letter from my employers. Pls advise. This is what they wrote.
[*]
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 to 4.10 of Appendix V because:
 You state that you wish to visit the United Kingdom for a period of 8 days for tourism and to
present a paper at the University of Southampton. In order to assess your application I have
to take into account your personal and economic circumstances. It is your responsibility to
satisfy me that your circumstances are such that if granted leave to enter, you will comply
with all of the conditions attached to any such leave and that you will leave the UK on
completion of the proposed visit.
 On your application form you state that you are employed as an Assistant Professor and you
earn 49501.00 INR (£535.55) per month. In support of your application, you have
submitted a bank statement from State Bank of India, account number ending 9339, with
closing balance of INR 454502.37 (£4917.26) on 1/2/20. The statement does show that your
monthly income is as stated on your visa application form and I also note that your
statement shows you spend more than 12000 INR (£129.83) as stated on your application
form. The documents you have submitted do not demonstrate the income and your savings
are as stated. I am not satisfied that these funds are reflective of your income or financial
circumstances, neither am I satisfied that these funds are genuinely available to you for your
exclusive use.
 You have submitted your tax returns for the assessment year 2018-20 and your income was
INR 759540 (£8217.46). Your ITR does not demonstrate you are in receipt of the income
indicated. This is because this return is self-completed and in effect a self-declaration of
income. I am therefore not satisfied your ITR demonstrates that your circumstances are as
you state.
 I have considered the evidence and information submitted in your application; and on the
balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your
circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter the United Kingdom. This means that I am
not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the
United Kingdom at the end of your proposed visit nor am I satisfied that the funds in your
account are genuinely available to you for your exclusive use nor that you have sufficient
funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing
public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey. Your application for a
visit visa is refused under Paragraph V 4.2 (a), (c) & (e) of the Immigration Rules.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visit Visa Denied

Post by sah10406 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:46 am

This forum is about Tier 4 student visas.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:00 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:46 am
Topic has been moved to the general Immigration sub forum!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:00 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pigtails334
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pigtails334 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:46 pm

I've already spent so much on hostels and my air ticket. Should I make my mom sponsor me?I gave all the documents I had .

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Pigtails334 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:46 pm
I've already spent so much on hostels and my air ticket. Should I make my mom sponsor me?I gave all the documents I had .
Apply again and give them solid evidence to cover the refusal points. without doing that they will refuse you again and it shows them that how desperate u r to come to the UK.

Pigtails334
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pigtails334 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm

[*]You have submitted your tax returns for the assessment year 2018-20 and your income was
INR 759540 (£8217.46). Your ITR does not demonstrate you are in receipt of the income
indicated. This is because this return is self-completed and in effect a self-declaration of
income. I am therefore not satisfied your ITR demonstrates that your circumstances are as
you state.[*]

What does this point mean exactly can someone tell me? How can I remedy it?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi, my now wife tried to get a visitor visa and was refused for not proving she will return to her country, we then applied again giving a load more details and addressing the points raised, and she had return flights, but again got turned down. Once you have been refused, your visa is likely to be refused again. It is impossible to 100% prove that someone will return, no matter what you give them.

However, you say you are going to present a paper at the university of Southampton, did they send you an invitation, because that might help a lot. I would not re-apply unless you can a) overcome the financial objections clearly and b) add something more, like the invite.

Pigtails334
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pigtails334 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Yeah! I did attach the invite they gave me.
Im thinking of putting my mom as my sponsor, cos her account has more money, and it will establish that I have family in my home country..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:57 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:46 am
Ah okay, sorry. It came up for me in the Tier 4 forum.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:46 am

Well, in this instance I would not re-apply, you can't add any more convincing evidence. I would make a formal complaint that the ECO has not done his/ her job right. Email the complaints and tell them that you are not writing to ask for a judicial review, explain that you are doing a per-action protocol. Then explain that you need them to tell how they could expect you to ever be able to prove something that can't be 100% proven. They have said why they have not given it to you, and that you can re-apply with more info and they will reconsider based on that.... But have not said we want this from you.....

Write, tell them having a house or child in India is no reason to go home, in my opinion it is a reason to try to stay in UK to earn money illegally and send it back. Ask them why the invitation from SOTON Uni was ignored, the fact that you are a professor with a good job in your country, the fact you have never done anything wrong before and have not broken any visas etc. Send the paper you are going to give. Ask the professors / teachers at the Uni to email you in support.

BTW, when are you wanting to travel, as this might take a couple of months to sort out.