ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for asylum interview.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elpis2
Newly Registered
Uganda

Waiting for asylum interview.

Post by Elpis2 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi guys, i need advise. I applied for asylum and the process was at first fast, i was told to make an appointment which i did and it was granted, i did my screening and my finger prints where taken. I was told that a biometric card will be sent to me and another letter telling me when to start reporting and the time for my interview will be sent to my address. However the Application for asylum card was sent and it permits me to work and study as i was already a student with a valid student Visa when i applied for asylum. However, the letter telling me when i should start reporting and when i should go for the interview has not yet been sent and it is now a month. I am in the state of limbo thou my card permits me to work and study i do not have an NI. I do not know what to do. Who knows how long it takes to get invited for the main interview. And if i can apply for an NI with my application for asylum card? Can also apply for a travel document with it?

hin
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: Waiting for asylum interview.

Post by hin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi am an asylum seeker too, in my knowledge of the main interview is within 6 months with the decision,but in some cases the it can take longer For example if the HO needs you to do more interviews etc, don’t worry just on your interview day be cool and match everything with what you said on the screening day. Thank you

Nirvair singh
India

Re: Waiting for asylum interview.

Post by Nirvair singh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Any updates?i have also applied for asylum in may 2018 and yesterday they send me letter to come fof reporting in Birmingham

sammy4real
Newly Registered

asylum biometric enrollment before asylum interview.

Post by sammy4real » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Good day guys, pls i want to ask if anyone has done his or her own biometric enrollment few days before interview. i was sent a letter for biometric enrollment and the following with had my asylum interview. i am a victim of human trafficking and have been concern why i was told to do biometric before asylum interview. is a month and half that i had my interview and still praying they grant me although i have live in uk 11yrs now and my son will be 7 yrs in 3 months. pls kindly let me know your own view about this.Thanks