ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What date for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

man1976

What date for ILR

Post by man1976 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:59 pm

Hello,

I was a student for a year and a half and then my company sponsered workpermit. MY status changed from student to work permit in November 2001. (Without leaving the country)

I am about to complete 3 years and 11 months and will be eligible to apply for ILR.. (Hopefully in the last week of october)

My passport was stamped on the 11th of November 2001 where as i got the work permit letter from home office dated 21st of November 2001 which confirms 5 years of workpermit

I want to know what date i should count 3 years and 11 months from.. 11th November when my passport was stamped or 21st November 2005 when the letter was issued...

Also if some one can tell me what documents are required

Hope some one will help
cheers
man

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:21 pm

I did it from when my passport was stamped in, which is effectively the day I entered the UK on the work permit. Not sure it was the right thing, but no-one complained.

You only have 10 days between your letter and the stamp. I'd wait for the later one just to err on the safe side.

Maybe others know the what the law says on this.

R