ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal of FLR application - repercussions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DoubtingThomas
Newly Registered

Withdrawal of FLR application - repercussions

Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:48 am

Hi All,

I am working on a work permit in an IT job.

Recently I decided to join a new company and they applied for a work permit which was approved and I have applied for an FLR which is under consideration.

Now I have been offered a very good position at BT (and they can wait for 6 weeks for the Home Office to issue me a WP + FLR).

Is it possible for me to withdraw my application for FLR from the Home Office - the intention is to then ask BT to file a work permit application for me. Would I be breaching immigration rules if I were to never work for a company which had a work permit approved for me?. Please advise.

Thanks!!

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:16 am

You can withdraw your FLR application and still lodge a new WP application. However, you can only remain in the UK if your old LTR / LTE has not yet expired.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

ish_78

Urgent

Post by ish_78 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:11 pm

I am working in UK on a work permit, my visa and work permit is valid till jan'2005. My project is about to finish and thats why I am looking for other oppertunities. I have found a job and my new employer is ready to process the work permit for me. After my work permit get processed they will start processing FLR form. As it is not legal to work till I get both work permit and FLR stamped. Is it legal to work for old employer till FLR get stamped?? Otherwise it seems illogical bcoz I will not be able to work for new employer as FLR is not stamped, so it means for two months I will be jobless.. is this the case...??

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:56 pm

ish_78,

This is my take on your Q:

1. I work with employer A with a WP and WP FLR Valid to Jan 2005.

2. Employer B is willing to sponsor a new WP after which I will apply for WP FLR.

3. During this processing of company B WP FLR can I continue to work for Company A.

Yes to 3 as long as you remain in the employment of company A. Once you leave company A you should not work for company B until new FLR approval.

I hope that helps.

ish_78

Post by ish_78 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:23 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for prompt reply.

It means even though I have WP from emlpyer B I can continue to work for employer A till I get WP FLR from employer B. Am i right?

I was under impression that if WP from employer B get processed, WP from employer A will expire and hence I will not be able to work with employer A.

Many thanks

DoubtingThomas
Newly Registered

Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:23 pm

Hi Tnavon / Kayalami

If you could be kind enough to confirm if my understanding is correct:

1. I am currently employed with employer A on a work permit
2. I have decided about 6 weeks back to join company B. Company B applied for a work permit which was approved immediately and my FLR is under consideration (I am still working at Company A)
3. Now, I have got another job offer with Company C - and am considering joining Company C (although I have a workpermit approved and FLR under consideration for Company B).

I understand from Tnavon's reply that I can withdraw my FLR application (the application I filed to work at Company B) and get my passport back from Home Office. Then I can approach Company C asking them to file my work permit application.

My questions are:

Would it create any problem when I apply for ILR at the end of 4 years stay. Do I need to submit (when I apply for ILR) the work permit approval from Company B (although I don't have a corresponding FLR and wouldn't have worked for Company B at all) - Could this in any way adversely affect the way Home Office considers my ILR application?.

Many thanks for all your assistance.

DoubtingThomas
Newly Registered

Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:54 am

Dear Forum,

Pls. advise me as I am looking at withdrawing my FLR application - and would be very grateful if you can point out any potential problems.

Thanks,

Gowri

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:27 pm

It should not affect your future ILR application.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>