ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appendix FM Partner Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherrybermejo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Appendix FM Partner Visa Application

Post by sherrybermejo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:52 am

Hi all!

My husband is applying for a Dependent Visa under my ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) Visa. We have taken the Appendix FM Partner Visa in the gov.uk site as it was the most appropriate route given our circumstance, or so we were advised.

Our situation:
I have been in the UK under a Tier 2 Work Visa for 5 years and have recently been granted my ILR which is valid until 2024, but I am planning to apply for Citizenship after a year or two.

My husband is still back home (in the Philippines) and has never had a UK visa, nor did he ever apply for one until now. We are almost finished with the application process for his Visa, have payed for his IHS (International Health Surcharge) - costing almost 3000 USD - and is looking into booking an appointment / documents check / biometrics with the Visa Facilitation Servces (VFS) Global Philippines.

Questions:
1. Did we apply for the correct route/type of Visa for him?

2. Is it correct that after paying for the IHS, he will continue to pay a further 2900 USD for a Priority Service Biometric Application?

3. How long after will he get the decision after providing for his biometrics?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appendix FM Partner Visa Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:56 am

1. Yes. https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1560849960

2. The visa fee is £1523 and the IHS is £1200 (we use GBP on the forum to quote costs as exchange rates change). Priority service is extra but not at the level you have stated. It is usually a couple of hundred pounds.

3. It can take up to 60 or 90 days, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sherrybermejo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by sherrybermejo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Thank you for the response. Follow up question, greatly appreciative of answers..

He is processing the application himself back in the Philippines and will book and provide for his Biometrics there. Is the timeline for the decision the same as here in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:04 pm

He is processing the application himself back in the Philippines and will book and provide for his Biometrics there. Is the timeline for the decision the same as here in the UK?
Initial applications outside the UK, especially a spouse visa, take longer abroad than applications made within the UK. Some spouse visa applications have taken almost a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.