ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN KEY ENGLISH TEST LEVEL A2 USED FOR LEAVE TO ENTER BE USED AGAIN FOR EXTENSION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

intotheblue
Newly Registered

CAN KEY ENGLISH TEST LEVEL A2 USED FOR LEAVE TO ENTER BE USED AGAIN FOR EXTENSION

Post by intotheblue » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Hello guys,
Spouse visa (leave to enter) application (applied in 2015) was successful with Key English Test (sat in 2014) at Level A2.
I know the Key English Test is not on the approved language test list anymore but it is on the approved SELT test- transitional list and has no expiry.
As per 32D from Appendix FM-SE (copied below) because the spouse visa application was accepted with it and that it was Level A2 already, would it be accepted for extension application too (5 year route)? Or is sitting one of the new approved tests the safest way?
I just want to make sure I am understanding this rule (32D) correctly and that this Appendix FM link is the latest version.
Any help would be really appreciated!!

“32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required under Appendix O), provided that it is at or above the requisite level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and when the subsequent application is made:
(i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any current period of overstaying where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, as well as any previous period of overstaying where: the further application was made before 24 November 2016 and within 28 days of the expiry of leave; or the further application was made on or after 24 November 2016 and paragraph 39E of these Rules applied) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix.”

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: CAN KEY ENGLISH TEST LEVEL A2 USED FOR LEAVE TO ENTER BE USED AGAIN FOR EXTENSION

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 am

intotheblue wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:59 pm
sitting one of the new approved tests the safest way?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: CAN KEY ENGLISH TEST LEVEL A2 USED FOR LEAVE TO ENTER BE USED AGAIN FOR EXTENSION

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 am

intotheblue wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:59 pm
because the spouse visa application was accepted with it and that it was Level A2 already, would it be accepted for extension application too (5 year route)? Or is sitting one of the new approved tests the safest way?
Even though it was used to support your previous application, the test isn’t on the current list anymore, thus it’s highly likely it won’t be accepted as valid for the extension and you may get a rejection. I wouldn’t risk it if I were you. It’s better to spend £150 on a Life Skills test than having a refusal and be put on a 10 year route. Speaking from experience, I’ve got a previous refusal for submitting a wrong certificate and I won’t recommend you to risk it.