ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Help Needed Urgently

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Doctorsroseuk
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa Help Needed Urgently

Post by Doctorsroseuk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 pm

I am due to marry my Canadian Fiance on March 21st 09,

I am so confused with all these regulations and I seem to find contradictory information all over the web.
Is there any advice system at all that is free?

My main areas of concern are:

We are both single parents, although he works full time in Canada, I am a stay at home Mum on Income support but TRYING to get back to full time employment. I also care for my Mum full time so that has stopped me going back to work before, but if it is neccessary for this....

Will that be held against us as I am not working at the moment?

Secondly, he has a criminal record - an assault charge for which he had a fine and no custodial sentence 5 yrs ago.

We will have been together a year in Feb 09 and will have met 4 times by then - me there twice and him here twice totalling 11 weeks.

We have letters from our friends and the Vicar who will be doing the ceremony with details of the church booking etc

We will be living with my mum at her house so she would write a letter to this effect.

I can get phone records/ skype records/ text records/photos/reciepts etc

Is all that enough?

How long does it take from his application as the closer it gets the more worried I am he won't have it in time.

I'm getting so down, I don't know who to turn to....

:cry:

TIA

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:26 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter13/

Open the link and read up. Tells you the procedure to follow