ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Cancellation, no reply

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alexsb
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Cancellation, no reply

Post by alexsb » Wed May 05, 2021 11:09 am

Hello,

I’m a British national, my wife is foreign and in the UK on a spouse visa which has to be extended soon.

We submitted an application at the end of March and realized it was too early and had some mistakes so we requested a cancellation with the Return of Documents form before submitting biometric info. This was on March 30 and we made a note of the record number but received no confirmation email.

In April 16, because we had had no reply, we sent a progress request. Again, made a note of record number but no confirmation email.

We still haven’t heard anything or had the IHS refunded. We’re trying to call the help line but it’s been impossible to get through to anyone.

Is there another way we can get some information on the cancellation request?
Should we submit another cancellation request?

I am worried as the 24 of May is the last day to submit biometric information and after that they’ll refuse the application, as far as I know.

Also, we need to submit a new application before my wife’s visa expires in June and the other application hasn’t been cancelled yet.

I appreciate any help or advise you can provide.

imagineunicorns
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) Cancellation, no reply

Post by imagineunicorns » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:11 am

What happened in the end, if you don't mind me asking? Did you receive a full refund of your NHS surcharge payment and visa application fee?