ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M FROM FIANCEE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Angel_86

FLR M FROM FIANCEE

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm

Hi everyone.
My partners Fiancee visa was successful thanks to this forum and hes been in the UK a month now, We have given notice and our marriage date has been arranged,
I did a dummy run on the Flr M form and im abit confused about few documents they require,
First one is the accomodation, i am a secure tenant with the council and when we submitted the fiancee visa we provided tenancy agreement and permission letter from housing mananger,
can i give the same letter the housing manager wrote?

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement?? What can we use for that?

Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport- Will i have to provide my passport?

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period- As im on the tenancy agreement is a letter from me they require?

Items of correspondence addressed at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years-
What can we use for that?

Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for my partner to establish a private life outside the UK-
Im not sure atal what to provide for this

Id be very grateful for the help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M FROM FIANCEE

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:13 pm

Angel_86 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm
Hi everyone.
My partners Fiancee visa was successful thanks to this forum and hes been in the UK a month now, We have given notice and our marriage date has been arranged,
I did a dummy run on the Flr M form and im abit confused about few documents they require,
First one is the accomodation, i am a secure tenant with the council and when we submitted the fiancee visa we provided tenancy agreement and permission letter from housing mananger,
can i give the same letter the housing manager wrote? where possible get documents dated close to your application time.

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement?? What can we use for that? No need for this except if living in a house with other family members or relatives

Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport- Will i have to provide my passport?

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period- As im on the tenancy agreement is a letter from me they require?

Items of correspondence addressed at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years-
What can we use for that?

Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for my partner to establish a private life outside the UK-
Im not sure atal what to provide for this

Id be very grateful for the help

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 am

Thank you so much for the reply can you please help me with the following

Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for my partner to establish a private life outside the UK

Items of correspondence addressed at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years? It will be 4 months since my partners been here how many documents do you think would be ok

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period? Is that a letter from me?
Thank you once again

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:14 am

Angel_86 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 am
Thank you so much for the reply can you please help me with the following

Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for my partner to establish a private life outside the UK Not required to provide any evidence, you are getting married and intending to establish a life with your spouse in UK.

Items of correspondence addressed at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years? It will be 4 months since my partners been here how many documents do you think would be ok The form is generic, this bit is not applicable to you.

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period? Is that a letter from me? The form is generic, this bit is not applicable to you.
Thank you once again

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:20 pm

Thank you ever so much, God bless 🙏🏼

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:51 pm

Hi, sorry to bother you guys again, In regards to one of the FLR M question about the other parent, my first childs fathers address, He is a pakistani national and never came in the UK, he has never been a part of my sons life nor hes ever met my son, weve asked around his family about his whereabouts but they dont know,
Any advise on that?
Should i explain in the box where it says if i want to put more info about my son the all the above and that i cant provide any address for him?
Thank you in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:21 pm

Angel_86 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:51 pm
Hi, sorry to bother you guys again, In regards to one of the FLR M question about the other parent, my first childs fathers address, He is a pakistani national and never came in the UK, he has never been a part of my sons life nor hes ever met my son, weve asked around his family about his whereabouts but they dont know,
Any advise on that?
Should i explain in the box where it says if i want to put more info about my son the all the above and that i cant provide any address for him? Yes
Thank you in advance

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:25 pm

Thank you so much for the quick reply

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:17 am

Hope everyone is going well, Quick Question. We were planning to submit our FLR application straight after we get our marriage certificate that will be start of April but im not sure when to apply bcause in April all new figures of benefits are applied and rent/ccouncil tax changes, can someone advice me if i should use my old figures like rent/council tax,benefits that i used for my partners finacee visa or should i wait for all the changes to happen and they be showing in my bank statement,
Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:11 am

Angel_86 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:17 am
Hope everyone is going well, Quick Question. We were planning to submit our FLR application straight after we get our marriage certificate that will be start of April but im not sure when to apply bcause in April all new figures of benefits are applied and rent/ccouncil tax changes, can someone advice me if i should use my old figures like rent/council tax,benefits that i used for my partners finacee visa or should i wait for all the changes to happen and they be showing in my bank statement,
Thank you
If you have the figures then show the applicable figures as of the date of application otherwise show what you know. It should not be a point of worry.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:59 pm

Thank you so much

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:41 am

Hi guys, we are in the middle of filling out the visa form and 2 questions we are confused about, First one is

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
My partner is here currently on a Fiancee visa so not sure what to put there Yes or No

Secondly this Question

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
We stuck with these 2 as others dont apply to my partner

A. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person

B. First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:42 am

Thank you in advance🙏🏼

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:03 am

Angel_86 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:41 am
Hi guys, we are in the middle of filling out the visa form and 2 questions we are confused about, First one is

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
My partner is here currently on a Fiancee visa so not sure what to put there Yes or No

Secondly this Question

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
We stuck with these 2 as others dont apply to my partner

A. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person

B. First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am

Your brilliant. Thank you so much

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:56 am

Hi m, very upset today, we were suppose to get married today but my witnesses turned up late and ceremony couldnt take place. There is no slots available in the registry office till october and my partners visa is expiring in June,
Can someone please advise me when i should apply for a extention? Should i wait close to the visa expiry date or should i extend it now?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:29 am

You cannot extend a Fiance visa.

To apply on form FLR M as unmarried partners, you have to submit substantial evidence for a minimum of two years cohabitation proving a relationship akin to marriage. This is mandatory for unmarried partners.

Have you explained to the registry office about the visa and expiry etc?

Have you tried another registry office?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:50 pm

My partner came here on a Fiancee visa in December and would have got married today, Hes visa is expiring on 7th June. I have just had a call from the register office that there is a slot in July but that will still be after the expiry date of his visa, Im sure ive read that we can extend the fiancee visa i just dont know when, need advise as feeling very low at the moment

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:52 pm

Anyone? please need advise :cry:

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:46 pm

We are thinking of applyin for a extension as soon as we get the confirmation of the new marriage date, my fiancee still has 3 months on his visa,
If he is granted a further 6 months will it be after the expiry date or from when we apply?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:05 pm

A Fiance visa cannot be extended as already advised.

The extension applicable is a 2.5 year extension, which you would normally apply for once married.

A visa extension is valid from date of issue. UKVI do not tag visa starts dates to previous visa expiry dates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:17 pm

But on the application form it asks us why extending and one option is if unable to get married when arriving as a fiancee.
Ive read on websites aswel that if we not able to get married we can extend providing evidence that a ceremony will be taking place

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Can any mods please take time and advise me, what to do please

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:56 pm

Hi guys just wanted to update on our situation Incase someone else finds themselves in a similar situation.
We have been advised from 2 solicitors to make a FLR application on the basis that we couldnt get married provided all the reasons and to provide proof that a ceremony is booked plus writing a cover letter explaining the situation.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:57 pm

Hey guys im so happy today, as i mentioned on tuesday our marriage ceremony couldnt go ahead and no dates were available before my fiancees visa expiry date but today i got a call that theyve got us in to marry 1 day before the expiry date so thats 6 june and my fiancees visa expiry date is 7th June,

Can i just ask do we have to apply on the 6th? for the FLR or can we apply on the expiry date aswel?