ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - only just moved in together. Please help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sallyweis29
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

FLR (M) - only just moved in together. Please help.

Post by sallyweis29 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi,

I am from Australia and have been living in the UK on a Tier 5 for the past 22 months. I met my British partner here last year and we were married last week. My current visa runs out in a few weeks so we have booked a premium appointment for FLR M next week. As we have only been married for about 2 weeks by then, and we just moved in together the days following our marriage as we both agreed we wanted to wait until after we were married. Because of this, we have not had a lot of time to build up shared bills/utilities. My partner owns his apartment and we now have the council tax bill under both our names and my bank statements were sent to this address too. Would this be enough? Combined with letters of correspondance with his name, his deed and mortgage report as well as a letter explaining we just have not yet had the time to build up the correspondance yet.
We will provide proof of our relationship, such as a letter from my previous hsouemates saying we spent a lot of time together here before living together, our holidays accomodation bookings which we are both on the booking name etc.
We are so worried, and there's just not much else we can do to help this application.

Casa

Re: FLR (M) - only just moved in together. Please help.

Post by Casa » Sun May 20, 2018 6:35 pm

This should be fine. Also include photos taken at your wedding etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zamroo
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: FLR (M) - only just moved in together. Please help.

Post by Zamroo » Wed May 23, 2018 8:36 am

sallyweis29 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm
Hi,

I am from Australia and have been living in the UK on a Tier 5 for the past 22 months. I met my British partner here last year and we were married last week. My current visa runs out in a few weeks so we have booked a premium appointment for FLR M next week. As we have only been married for about 2 weeks by then, and we just moved in together the days following our marriage as we both agreed we wanted to wait until after we were married. Because of this, we have not had a lot of time to build up shared bills/utilities. My partner owns his apartment and we now have the council tax bill under both our names and my bank statements were sent to this address too. Would this be enough? Combined with letters of correspondance with his name, his deed and mortgage report as well as a letter explaining we just have not yet had the time to build up the correspondance yet.
We will provide proof of our relationship, such as a letter from my previous hsouemates saying we spent a lot of time together here before living together, our holidays accomodation bookings which we are both on the booking name etc.
We are so worried, and there's just not much else we can do to help this application.
Hi

I am in a similar boat to you and if possible it would be helpful to know how you get on with this thanks🙂