ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM extension 10 days late

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sinekiwe
Newly Registered

FLRM extension 10 days late

Post by Sinekiwe » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:23 pm

Hi all. I need your help and encouragement. My timeline is as follows.
Arrived in UK 2001 on visitor Visa
Tried to switch to Student refused after appeals 2005
Asylum 2008
Refused 2010
Flrfp granted 2017-2020.
Switched to FlrM 2020-2022
Visa was expiring 12 August 2022
I have been travelling with my maiden name passport all along and the last time I was detained at Heathrow and told I am using an alias and should make plans to change my passport to my married name or else I'd be sent back to my country if I travelled with maiden name passport again. Bizarre I know. I was planning on going on holiday in August this year the same time my Visa was expiring so earlier in the year I got a new passport in my married name and did a change of circumstances to change the name on my biometric card so that by the time I was allowed to renew I would just use my new passport super priority service.
Well after 3 months of nothing I called home office and was told to continue waiting. I explained that my visa is expiring soon and the person told me as long as I had something pending I was ok. Big mistake! I called again after my visa had expired and this time was told the information I had was incorrect and I should put an application ASAP to avoid problems. I sent the application on the 10th day after expiry and explained the circumstances hoping they will use the 14 day discretion. Has anyone come across such a scenario? I'm so upset with myself for taking what that person said without getting a second opinion. I was so close to finally ending a 21 year old battle with immigration. Its all my fault, I get it but I just need someone to talk to. My British husband is livid!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: FLRM extension 10 days late

Post by manci » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Sinekiwe wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:23 pm
I have been travelling with my maiden name passport all along and the last time I was detained at Heathrow …... did a change of circumstances to change the name on my biometric card
It is not clear why you were detained at Heathrow if both your passport and your BRP were in your maiden name.
Sinekiwe wrote:
I called home office and was told to continue waiting. I explained that my visa is expiring soon and the person told me as long as I had something pending I was ok.
You did not speak with the HO, you called an outsourced commercial service which is known to give incorrect advice at times.
Sinekiwe wrote:
I sent the application on the 10th day after expiry and explained the circumstances hoping they will use the 14 day discretion
Fingers crossed
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Sinekiwe
Newly Registered

Post by Sinekiwe » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:14 pm

manci wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:58 pm
Sinekiwe wrote:
I have been travelling with my maiden name passport all along and the last time I was detained at Heathrow …... did a change of circumstances to change the name on my biometric card
It is not clear why you were detained at Heathrow if both your passport and your BRP were in your maiden name. I was baffled as well. They gave me a card and sat me in a roped area for almost an hour before letting me go with a warning to change my name. It was absolutely frightening!
Sinekiwe wrote:
I called home office and was told to continue waiting. I explained that my visa is expiring soon and the person told me as long as I had something pending I was ok.
You did not speak with the HO, you called an outsourced commercial service which is known to give incorrect advice at times.
I wish I had known at the time I would not have taken it at face value
Sinekiwe wrote:
I sent the application on the 10th day after expiry and explained the circumstances hoping they will use the 14 day discretion
Fingers crossed
Thank you. I will update when I know more

Sinekiwe
Newly Registered

Post by Sinekiwe » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm

Update on my application. I am so happy to report that I've received an email stating my application is successful. I have been granted my last 30 months on Flrm. There was no mention of my application being late so I'm assuming I will be able to apply for for ILR in 2.5 years. This forum has been a source of comfort and reassurance for me. Thank you all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:36 pm

Congratulations

Sinekiwe
Newly Registered

Post by Sinekiwe » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:19 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:36 pm
Congratulations
Thank you 😊

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:59 pm

Sinekiwe wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm
Update on my application. I am so happy to report that I've received an email stating my application is successful. I have been granted my last 30 months on Flrm. There was no mention of my application being late so I'm assuming I will be able to apply for for ILR in 2.5 years. This forum has been a source of comfort and reassurance for me. Thank you all.
If you were sent correspondence detailing what you were granted, it will be prudent to thoroughly review it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Sinekiwe
Newly Registered

Post by Sinekiwe » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:33 pm

I have reviewed it. It says my Flrm application has been successful. The expiry date and that there is no recourse to public funds. And the standard information about right to work and study.