ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much chance do we have? British citizen marrying illegal immigrant by going back home to marry, Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Snowbell28
Newly Registered

How much chance do we have? British citizen marrying illegal immigrant by going back home to marry, Urgent

Post by Snowbell28 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 am

Hello all, it's my very 1st post here and new to the forums. I have been browsing through for some advice and help but i desperately need advice on my situation.

I am a british citizen, in a relationship with an illegal immigrant for almost a year now, we love eachother very much and it is a genuine relationship. We went to a few solicitors for help and gathered the best way forward is to go back home to his country, get married and apply for spouse visa.

I meet the requirements financially (£18,600+ salary) also have savings of over £18000 of my own. Living in a rented house with my family, my partner has moved in to ours for the past 6 months. My family accept him as he is such a good person, i would not have gone through all this trouble if he was not worth it all..
I meet the accommodation requirements and can provide bills on my name as address proof as well.
I have photos and messages and calls we have made to show our genuine relationship.

I just want to know, as we are coming very close to going back to get married, is there any chance the Home Office can reject his entry clearance visa just because he stayed in the uk illegally? We are planning to use the premium service for the application with a solicitor, how long will we be apart? Also does it matter what solicitor we use, any recommendation on a good lawyer for this? any help or advice on this will be greatly appreciated

He has not done any crime in uk nor in his home country, nor has he ever been caught by the police during his stay here.

Pls advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How much chance do we have? British citizen marrying illegal immigrant by going back home to marry, Urgent

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:43 am

I just want to know, as we are coming very close to going back to get married, is there any chance the Home Office can reject his entry clearance visa just because he stayed in the uk illegally?

How long has he overstayed? How did he enter the UK, what visa? How has been maintaining himself financially before moving in with you??
We are planning to use the premium service for the application with a solicitor, how long will we be apart?
What do you mean by 'premium service'?? Applications from abroad have standard service and priority. Both can take in excess of 60 days, depending on where he is applying form (you don't state this fact).
Also does it matter what solicitor we use, any recommendation on a good lawyer for this? any help or advice on this will be greatly appreciated
A solicitor has no influence on your application whatsoever and many very often get even the most basic applications very very wrong, to the detriment of the applicant. Members are also not permitted to post names and details of solicitors on the forum.
He has not done any crime in uk nor in his home country, nor has he ever been caught by the police during his stay here.
He is in the UK with no status. HO might few this unfavourably, depending on his history and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alam-
Mood:

Re: How much chance do we have? British citizen marrying illegal immigrant by going back home to marry, Urgent

Post by Alam- » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Write his full immigration history. Has he worked after went illegal, used NHS services or studied? Has he ever been told to report to home office and he missed his reporting?

Snowbell28
Newly Registered

Post by Snowbell28 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:02 pm

He was supported by his uncle whilst here and worked a few cash in hand jobs, he has been in the country for almost a year so just 2 months before he met me, has not studied here neither used NHS. He has not been told to report to Home office

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Please write his full immigration history. No one can answer before knowing his full immigration history.

Chloeceecee
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Chloeceecee » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Have you got this sorted? I've just been to Albania to marry my husband who was illegal and we are about to start the spouse visa process.

chloelouise10
Newly Registered

Post by chloelouise10 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Chloeceecee wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 pm
Have you got this sorted? I've just been to Albania to marry my husband who was illegal and we are about to start the spouse visa process.
Hello I have also just returned from Albania and got married. He was illegal in the country for 3 years. My husband has his biometrics on Monday in tirana (07/10). I am using a solicitor and the priority service. Let me know how you get on!

My solicitor says we have nothing to worry about and keeps telling me to calm down haha. I hope she is correct.

What about you?