ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for PBS Dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nobunaga
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR for PBS Dependant

Post by nobunaga » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 pm

HI, first of this is my first time posting in this forum, however, I've been reading immigration help from this webite.

Secondly, I would like to ask if it is possible for a PBS dependant to apply for an ILR on the basis that they have been in the UK for 5 years continously. However, the main migrant has not settles as it was not possible for said migrant due to traveling, hence going over the allowed 180 day absence in a year.
If the PBS dependant was intending to stay in the UK and have been contributing to the UK by means of paying tax, can there be a discretion that the Home office can give to grant the ILR

I appreciate your immediate response.

Casa

Re: ILR for PBS Dependant

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 pm

nobunaga wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 pm
HI, first of this is my first time posting in this forum, however, I've been reading immigration help from this webite.

Secondly, I would like to ask if it is possible for a PBS dependant to apply for an ILR on the basis that they have been in the UK for 5 years continously. However, the main migrant has not settles as it was not possible for said migrant due to traveling, hence going over the allowed 180 day absence in a year.
If the PBS dependant was intending to stay in the UK and have been contributing to the UK by means of paying tax, can there be a discretion that the Home office can give to grant the ILR

I appreciate your immediate response.
The PBS Dependent will only qualify for ILR once their sponsor is granted settlement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.