Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
ms1993
Junior Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm

As I am submitted the form online from the UK, is it submitted with the evidence?

I also remember reading something about the priority service that there was a certain criteria you had to meet to be able to use it. I may have made this up. Can anyone direct me to the right guidance?

User avatar
seagul
- thin ice -
Posts: 4244
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:51 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
As I am submitted the form online from the UK, is it submitted with the evidence?

I also remember reading something about the priority service that there was a certain criteria you had to meet to be able to use it. I may have made this up. Can anyone direct me to the right guidance?
Maybe someone link your new thread to your original one. In my view (which might be different than other) unless the UKVI not say in writing or at least disable the appendix 2 official link it should be filled & attached just in case despite the same questions are asked on online form too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

User avatar
KristianDLloyd
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 am
Mood:
Wales

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
As I am submitted the form online from the UK, is it submitted with the evidence?
If you are applying through AccessUK, then it is not required. I had a successful application without including Appendix 2

Source: 2x Independent Immigration Advisors.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: June 2019
Decision Date: July 2019
Decision: Granted

ms1993
Junior Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
As I am submitted the form online from the UK, is it submitted with the evidence?
If you are applying through AccessUK, then it is not required. I had a successful application without including Appendix 2

Source: 2x Independent Immigration Advisors.
Thank you. Is Access UK different to Visa4uk?

User avatar
KristianDLloyd
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 am
Mood:
Wales

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
As I am submitted the form online from the UK, is it submitted with the evidence?
If you are applying through AccessUK, then it is not required. I had a successful application without including Appendix 2

Source: 2x Independent Immigration Advisors.
Thank you. Is Access UK different to Visa4uk?
Yes, two different sites.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: June 2019
Decision Date: July 2019
Decision: Granted

User avatar
Jaune08
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Mexico

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:57 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm
Thank you. Is Access UK different to Visa4uk?
To submit the Appendix 2 form, it depends more on the country you're applying from rather than using Access UK or Visa4uk. Regardless of the online services, some countries still require the Appendix 2 form as the forms on the online services haven't been updated yet.

Another user had the same question as yours: immigration-for-family-members/uk-spous ... 86258.html

If your online form, whether its though AccessUK or Visa4uk, has a specific section to write down your financial information, then you don't need the additional Appendix 2 Form. I will show you mine:

Image

If yours doesn't have a section to put financial information, then you must to submit the Appendix 2 Form.

ms1993
Junior Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:57 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm
Thank you. Is Access UK different to Visa4uk?
To submit the Appendix 2 form, it depends more on the country you're applying from rather than using Access UK or Visa4uk. Regardless of the online services, some countries still require the Appendix 2 form as the forms on the online services haven't been updated yet.

Another user had the same question as yours: immigration-for-family-members/uk-spous ... 86258.html

If your online form, whether its though AccessUK or Visa4uk, has a specific section to write down your financial information, then you don't need the additional Appendix 2 Form. I will show you mine:

Image

If yours doesn't have a section to put financial information, then you must to submit the Appendix 2 Form.
Thank you for this. I appreciate it. I don’t recall the visa 4 UK form asking for financial information so will also prepare an appendix 2

User avatar
Jaune08
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Mexico

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Thank you for this. I appreciate it. I don’t recall the visa 4 UK form asking for financial information so will also prepare an appendix 2
You're welcome :) . If Visa4UK didn't have a financial section, it's better to be on the safe side and prepare an Appendix 2 form as you will do. Good luck!

TODMATT
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by TODMATT » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:03 am

The issue of appendix 2 is not to be debatable because No one has yet come across any evidence which suggest Appendix 2 is not to be submitted on Access UK. I have recently come across 2 refusals and one of the reason was based on the applicant didn't submit appendix 2 whilst this is said, some members have been successful without it in the past but I will certainly not risk it until I have come across a evidence from GOV which suggest appendix 2 is no longer needed other please do not risk because each application has its own merit.

User avatar
KristianDLloyd
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 am
Mood:
Wales

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by KristianDLloyd » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 am

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:03 am
The issue of appendix 2 is not to be debatable because No one has yet come across any evidence which suggest Appendix 2 is not to be submitted on Access UK. I have recently come across 2 refusals and one of the reason was based on the applicant didn't submit appendix 2 whilst this is said, some members have been successful without it in the past but I will certainly not risk it until I have come across a evidence from GOV which suggest appendix 2 is no longer needed other please do not risk because each application has its own merit.
It is not required if the financial questions are included in the application form, as they are on AccessUK.

Include it if you wish, but understand that you are duplicating information and so you must ensure that there are no discrepancies between AccessUK and the Appendix 2 form.

Further, only the relevant questions are shown on the AccessUK application and some are worded differently. Ensure that you find the corresponding question in Appendix 2 and that your responses match. Discrepancies will likely be questioned by the ECO.

This is the advice given by my Immigration Advisor. On her advice, we decided not to include it and risk there being discrepancies.

Our application was successful through AccessUK, without Appendix 2.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: June 2019
Decision Date: July 2019
Decision: Granted

TODMATT
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by TODMATT » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm

I get your point. Until there's clear message from HO not to include the appendix 2 among the supporting documents, I believe it is safer to include it. I have been on this platforum a while now and if there's any update in the forum, it is usually annouced so until then it is safer to include.

User avatar
Jaune08
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Mexico

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:03 am
The issue of appendix 2 is not to be debatable because No one has yet come across any evidence which suggest Appendix 2 is not to be submitted on Access UK.
Totally agree with you, unless HO releases a statement saying that Appendix 2 Form isn't needed for all applications anymore, we have to individualise each case.

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:03 am
I have recently come across 2 refusals and one of the reason was based on the applicant didn't submit appendix 2 whilst this is said, some members have been successful without it in the past but I will certainly not risk it until I have come across a evidence from GOV which suggest appendix 2 is no longer needed other please do not risk because each application has its own merit.
I think you've got the gist of this "Appendix 2 Form". Just because our application was successful without the Appendix 2 Form (either AccessUK or Visa4UK), does NOT mean that other members will be ok without submitting it, as there have been refusals on this basis too. We have to be cautious about the advice we are giving to other members.

For example, KristianDLloyd stated his visa was granted without the form through AccessUK, while mine was also granted in the same circumstances but using Visa4UK. For some reason, in our cases it did work, but that doesn't mean it can be applicable to other cases. We can't generalise by saying "you don't need it". That's why I've sent the screenshot to ms1993. As I have said before, it depends on the country you are applying from, as their online services haven't incorporated the Appendix 2 yet, therefore those applicants still need to submit the form.

ms1993
Junior Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: Is an Appendix 2 form required? Qs priority service

Post by ms1993 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Thanks all for your responses!

I think it is clear that within this scenario, we just exercise our own discretion and take the advice of an immigration expert (if instructed).

I, for one have advised my solicitor that an appendix 2 should be submitted as my financial info is fairly easy and sub standard so chances of duplication / discrepancies are low

Post Reply
cron