ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lynnfinity
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

UK spouse visa

Post by Lynnfinity » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi I recently applied for a spouse visa, and I sent all documents that were on my checklist. I'm now seeing people post regarding an appendix form, was I supposed to fill that out and send it with my documents? It wasnt on the checklist. I'm currently having massive panic attacks about it. Will I be denied now, was filling it out necessary? Please any help is appreciated. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Where did you submit it (country)?

Which link did you apply on?

Did the form you completed have all the questions regarding meeting the financial requirement etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lynnfinity
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Lynnfinity » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:11 pm

United states, visa Immigration service.co.uk, and yes, I also included his bank statements and pay slips for the past 12 months. Along with contract for his job. Showing his pay and how long hes been an employee (his father owns the company)

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Lynnfinity wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:17 pm
Hi I recently applied for a spouse visa, and I sent all documents that were on my checklist. I'm now seeing people post regarding an appendix form, was I supposed to fill that out and send it with my documents? It wasnt on the checklist. I'm currently having massive panic attacks about it. Will I be denied now, was filling it out necessary? Please any help is appreciated. Thank you
I had the same question as you. when I applied for my spouse visa, I didn't submit the Appendix 2 Form of Financial Requirements, even though I submitted all the evidence. I consulted two different solicitors and I was told that those forms are no longer needed, as they form part from an old way to evaluate applications. In my case, the financial evidence did pass without the appendix form. Hope that helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:41 pm

I asked if the online form contained the whole financial requirement section which you would have needed to complete. If it did not, you were required to complete Appendix 2, which is a mandatory document. Some countries where you apply still require the Appendix 2, as the online form does not have the financial requirement section.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf

Additionally, substantially more documentation is required if he works for his father, clearly explained in Appendix 1.7 section 9.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lynnfinity
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Lynnfinity » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:41 pm
I asked if the online form contained the whole financial requirement section which you would have needed to complete. If it did not, you were required to complete Appendix 2, which is a mandatory document. Some countries where you apply still require the Appendix 2, as the online form does not have the financial requirement section.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf

Additionally, substantially more documentation is required if he works for his father, clearly explained in Appendix 1.7 section 9.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf

There was a financial section which had me submit what he makes annually and his work information. He works for a company his father happens to own. It's a permanent job. I sent all required info they asked for on my document checklist. The appendix fm form was never mentioned.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Should be fine if the whole financial section was in the form.

The additional company documents in my second link should have been sent and hopefully you did send them. There have been refusals recently for not sending them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Lynnfinity wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:55 pm
There was a financial section which had me submit what he makes annually and his work information. He works for a company his father happens to own. It's a permanent job. I sent all required info they asked for on my document checklist. The appendix fm form was never mentioned.
If there was a financial section in your online application, and you introduced all the information as appears on the Appendix 2 Form, then it should be fine. In my case, I applied from North America too and the appendix was never mentioned either.

Lynnfinity
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Lynnfinity » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 am

These are the documents requested of me both mandatory and supporting documents. The application did most definitely have a financial section. No idea how to post an image here. But here's a link I promise it's not spam.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Lynnfinity wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 am
These are the documents requested of me both mandatory and supporting documents.
Lynnsey, don't worry :) !! Your application had the Appendix 2 Form incorporated to the online form, exactly as mine. That's why we didn't have to submit again our form. I was told by my solicitor that applications from North America don't need the extra appendix, as the online form already contains it.

To give you more reassurance, I leave you a screenshot of my application too

Lynnfinity
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Lynnfinity » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Thank you so much. Such a relief. I just cant see them having me fill out another form, when I already gave the financial information in the application. There was a whole "financial" section on it's own.