ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed call. UKVI?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sun_Z

Missed call. UKVI?

Post by Sun_Z » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Hello,

I am awaiting a decision on a visa.

Today I missed a call from a mobile number. I called it back and it kept me on hold saying I am in a queue, before resetting after 5 minutes.

I am just wondering if this would be UKVI? Or would they call from a private number? As it came from a mobile number and then transfers you to hold I’m thinking it’s most likely a scam call?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Missed call. UKVI?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Sun_Z wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm
Hello,

Today I missed a call from a mobile number. I called it back and it kept me on hold saying I am in a queue, before resetting after 5 minutes.

I am just wondering if this would be UKVI? Or would they call from a private number? As it came from a mobile number and then transfers you to hold I’m thinking it’s most likely a scam call?
The call will be from private number and of course you can not call such back except if this has changed.
The onus is on you to keep yourself available should there be any clarification from HO though the belief if that they will try again if not able to reach you first time.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Missed call. UKVI?

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Sun_Z wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm
Hello,

As mentioned above by AmazonianX, UKVI will usually call you from an Unknown number and they will usually call you upto 3 times so be prepared.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.