ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner has left the house, how will Immigration or Police find her and deport?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Partner has left the house, how will Immigration or Police find her and deport?

Post by yodasw101 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Hi, I'm a UK citizen and my partner is from a non-EEA country, she is on a family visa sponsored by me. Due to the violence that I have faced in my short marriage, I applied for divorce and it has been issued for her while she was staying with me in the same house. She has not replied anything back for the petition yet and it has been over 2 weeks.

I have got an acknowledgement email from Immigration that they have received my request to cancel her visa on the basis of marriage breakdown, separation, divorce and domestic violence faced by me. I have also reported this as a sham marriage as her main aim was to come to the UK and earn GPB here and she also hid the UK job news from me for a while.

I was away from the house for a week and when I came back home, she has left the house with her belongings, she has taken some of my items with her and also damaged the property. I have filed a police complaint against her for these incidents.

I'm not sure if police or immigration will be able to find her, I don't know where she is and it will delay my divorce case as well.

Is there any estimated timeline for Immigration to handle such a case of sending a curtailment letter or deporting her? How will they send the letter as her address is not known? Is there anything else that I can do to help?

Plus, can she get another visa to work and stay in the UK when there is a criminal case, immigration situation for her already?

heri97
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Re: Partner has left the house, how will Immigration or Police find her and deport?

Post by heri97 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:04 pm

Sorry that this has happened to you.
My older sister had similar situation few year ago but her ex-husband eventually claimed asylum & got accepted as a refugee. It depends on the nationality of the individual as well.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Partner has left the house, how will Immigration or Police find her and deport?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:16 am

yodasw101 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 pm
Hi, I'm a UK citizen and my partner is from a non-EEA country, she is on a family visa sponsored by me. Due to the violence that I have faced in my short marriage, I applied for divorce and it has been issued for her while she was staying with me in the same house. She has not replied anything back for the petition yet and it has been over 2 weeks.

I have got an acknowledgement email from Immigration that they have received my request to cancel her visa on the basis of marriage breakdown, separation, divorce and domestic violence faced by me. I have also reported this as a sham marriage as her main aim was to come to the UK and earn GPB here and she also hid the UK job news from me for a while.

I was away from the house for a week and when I came back home, she has left the house with her belongings, she has taken some of my items with her and also damaged the property. I have filed a police complaint against her for these incidents.

I'm not sure if police or immigration will be able to find her, I don't know where she is and it will delay my divorce case as well.

Is there any estimated timeline for Immigration to handle such a case of sending a curtailment letter or deporting her? How will they send the letter as her address is not known? Is there anything else that I can do to help?

Plus, can she get another visa to work and stay in the UK when there is a criminal case, immigration situation for her already?
The most you can do is what you have done I.e. report the breakdown of the marriage. There is no timeline and you most likely will not hear any further update on the matter even if you request.
Further actions will be taken by HO as they deem fit. Do note that it may not mean deportation as she may find other routes or means to have legal stay.

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yodasw101 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks @heri97 & @AmazonianX for your reply.

I'm also trying to find whether the Home office will take this case for the sham marriage or not. As my partner's main motto was to get to the UK and work here to earn in GBP.

So, in my case, it is just one partner's intention to take advantage of the marriage to get family visa sponsorship via me as I'm a British citizen. On google results, all I find is that both of the couples are involved in a sham marriage but in my case, it is just one.

Any idea regarding this?