ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay for a new application whilst Applying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jdsjones
Newly Registered

6 months payslips from biometric date or date of payment?

Post by Jdsjones » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi, I am trying to find out if i can use my 6 months payslips from just before the biometrics date.

I paid for the spouse visa application on the 13th December 2018 and my wifes biometrics was on the 8th January 2019. i was under the impression the payslips would be my most recent from the biometrics date as i will send the "application" to Sheffield on the 14th January i spoke to one solicitor who told me its from the biometric date and another solicitor said its from the date i paid the online application so obviously confused.

I decided to call the Home Office enquiry line, the first person i spoke to said it was from the biometrics so i decided to call again and was told its from the online application date.... so now its 2-2 so i thought ill phone one more time and this guy told me the payslips have to be within 28 days either side from when i paid the online application. i am completely confused.

I am non salaried paid weekly, my issue is that i have been thinking its from when i submit to Sheffield and that would be fine but if its 6 months before the online payment date i fall below the threshold so now panicking, any help would be great thanks

Only Me

Re: 6 months payslips from biometric date or date of payment?

Post by Only Me » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Jdsjones wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Hi, I am trying to find out if i can use my 6 months payslips from just before the biometrics date.

I paid for the spouse visa application on the 13th December 2018 and my wifes biometrics was on the 8th January 2019. i was under the impression the payslips would be my most recent from the biometrics date as i will send the "application" to Sheffield on the 14th January i spoke to one solicitor who told me its from the biometric date and another solicitor said its from the date i paid the online application so obviously confused.

I decided to call the Home Office enquiry line, the first person i spoke to said it was from the biometrics so i decided to call again and was told its from the online application date.... so now its 2-2 so i thought ill phone one more time and this guy told me the payslips have to be within 28 days either side from when i paid the online application. i am completely confused.

I am non salaried paid weekly, my issue is that i have been thinking its from when i submit to Sheffield and that would be fine but if its 6 months before the online payment date i fall below the threshold so now panicking, any help would be great thanks
I had the same problem, I also was given two different answers, so I asked them to email me the correct answer in case I had problems with my application. I received an email and was informed that wage slips and bank statements must not be any older than 28 days up until the date of the online submission of the application and payment.

Jdsjones
Newly Registered

withdrawing a settlement visa

Post by Jdsjones » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 pm

i have already posted on here about what period i need for my payslips to cover and i now know its before i pay the online application, my payslips start after this date so i know i will be refused. rather than wait 60 working days for a refusal i may aswell withdraw the application.

my wife has already done the biometrics so i know i will lose the fee

my questions is... does anyone know how long a withdrawl will take and how long after can i re-apply?

thanks

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: withdrawing a settlement visa

Post by ariamus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm

The immigrations rules state:

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

So it seems the most recent payslip cannot be dated after the application date.

Could you add a payslip prior to your 6, and actually send 7 payslips? You would be complying with the 6 payslip requirement and the 7th can be used if they wish to ignore the rule above?

Would be a shame to withdraw and lose your fee although I understand your predicament as you don’t want to wait 3 months for a decision.

I’m not sure if they would actually refuce based on such a technicality? Maybe the experts can advice from experience.

Ps. You receive a refund for the IHS fee if you withdraw or in event a visa is refused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 pm

You might also want to consider that ihs fees have now doubled to £400 per year, so £1200 for a spouse vis plus the visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jdsjones
Newly Registered

Post by Jdsjones » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks guys for your replies, i get paid weekly non salary and if I take the 6 months payslips back from the date I paid the application it will leave me under the threshold... I’m feeling completely deflated as this is my second application, I will just need to do a withdrawal and try again I guess, do any of you think if I apply for a tourist visa for my wife to come for a visit before we re apply is it likely to be refused, we both just need a break from all the money and time apart just to recharge. Thank you again guys it’s very much appreciated you taking the time to help me out

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Let me give you some info about my wife's application. I did the online application for my wife on 17th April 2018 and my wife did her biometrics on 9th May 2018. I had provided them with payslip dated up to 30th April 2018. My employer letter was dated 7th may 2018. The bank statements I provided ended up to 1 May 2018 showing the wages for 30th April 2018.

I applied under catogory B so I had provided payslips from 8th April 2017 to 30th April 2018 to cover the whole 12 months period and above.

It is possible that they considered payslips between 17th April 2017 to 17th April 2018. Also my previous payslip dated 31 March 2018 is within 28 days of 17th April 2018.

My wife has lukily got her visa under these circumstances. I do however, agree with you that the online application date when you make the payment is the application date.

Jdsjones
Newly Registered

Pay for a new application whilst Applying

Post by Jdsjones » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:55 am

Hi, I have submitted a settlement visa application but I’m pretty sure it will be refused because some of my payslips are dated after the application payment date.

My question is can I pay for a new application now whilst the current application is in? If this current application is refused i will already have an application paid so would just need to do the biometrics.

The reason I would like to do it is because my previous 6 month payslips are high as work has been busy but now it’s going to get quieter so if I pay now the good payslips will be within the 28 day period thanks for any help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pay for a new application whilst Applying

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Topics Merged. Please keep all questions in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jdsjones
Newly Registered

Post by Jdsjones » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 pm

I pressed the button for new topic and for some reason it came on to my previous post

Jdsjones
Newly Registered

Post by Jdsjones » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Quick update... decided to carry on with the application as I had already paid for it even though my solicitor guaranteed we would not get the visa... well the visa arrived yesterday, we are over the moon and completely surprised we got it considering a professional immigration solicitor said we wouldn’t thank you all for taking the time to reply 👍🏻