ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP not sure which way to turn (for John)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

linsloolins
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP not sure which way to turn (for John)

Post by linsloolins » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:21 pm

Hello I am new to this very hepful forum.

Our circumstances are as follows, I am english my husband Algerian. WE have known each other since the summer of 04. We became engaged in January and we married in Tunisia in November 06.

He has applied for 2 visit visa which has both been refused, stating they didnt think he would return, or that he had sufficient funds (evidence was given showing the opposite). We applied for the FIancee Visa in July which was refused, the reasons being..didnt believe we had met! I was in the waiting room outside, he didnt know my hobbies, we hadnt made any arrangements for our wedding in the UK, didnt believe his status in Algeria, didnt believe we would marry, even though we had all the evidence! We married in November and I have sent to the Appeal our marriage certificate etc.

We are having a 'paper appeal' so I have sent in a letter supporting my husband. Is there anything else I should do, I feel so out of my depth..The appeal should be in the next month or so, i have read we can reapply while waiting the appeal, We really dont know what to do for the best, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

antontony

Post by antontony » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Hello,

Well, a fresh application could have been a better way, should you rectify those errors in the initial application.

A paper appeal, especially unsupported, may be just a waste of time.

Have you sent in any evidence to support your appeal ? Proof of income, correspondence, intentions to live together, employment etc ?

Also, I do not understand what he had to lodge a FIANCE'S application rather then the spoouse's one as you say he is your hsuband.

I had a few clients in the similar situation and we have always got visas with just a fresh applications rather then going with appeal.

Regards,

Anton

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:03 pm

I think you may have misread the original post, Anton....

My reading is that the were not married at the time the fiancé visa was applied for, in July, but they then married in November.

But I cannot see how an appeal against refusal of a fiancé visa can possibly succeed when the applicant is no longer a fiancé....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

linsloolins
Newly Registered

Post by linsloolins » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Dear Anton

We applied initially for the Fiancee visa, which was refused for the reasons given. We married in November. I did ring and ask the appeals customer services should we proceed with the appeal as we were now married and was told yes the appeal could go ahead, and to send the marriage certificate whcih we did.

I called them today and the embassy in tunisia hasnt sent the appeal bundle which should have been in on the 5th January, so the will cause more delay.

Do you think we should just submit a fresh application? We have always given evidence of income, employment, I own my own house, having some savings, If and when we apply again we need to make sure everything is correct although on the last application I was sure we had everything, but it is making them believe we are genuine, I dont know what else we can give as evidence as we have given everything?

And the more rejections he has against him this will surely go against him.

We are at our wits end as to what to do for the best!

Thank you