Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority Service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Sanity Checking

Post by adkh2_1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi Guys,


I posted this question earlier with no replies. It would be so helpful if somebody confirms my assumptions below.


I have earned monthly gross salary of £1566 each month for last six months. According to my understanding Home office will multiply my salary from last payslips to 12 and judge if the figure is above £18600 ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 5149
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Sanity Checking

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Hi Guys,


I posted this question earlier with no replies. It would be so helpful if somebody confirms my assumptions below.


I have earned monthly gross salary of £1566 each month for last six months. According to my understanding Home office will multiply my salary from last payslips to 12 and judge if the figure is above £18600 ?
Usually £1550 per month wages (in case of no more dependant) is sufficient. If you are working for your current employer from at least 6 months then you should attach only 6 months of payslips with 6 months of corresponding bank statements otherwise 12 months if working for present employer from less than 6 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Sanity Checking

Post by adkh2_1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:55 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm
adkh2_1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Hi Guys,


I posted this question earlier with no replies. It would be so helpful if somebody confirms my assumptions below.


I have earned monthly gross salary of £1566 each month for last six months. According to my understanding Home office will multiply my salary from last payslips to 12 and judge if the figure is above £18600 ?
Usually £1550 per month wages (in case of no more dependant) is sufficient. If you are working for your current employer from at least 6 months then you should attach only 6 months of payslips with 6 months of corresponding bank statements otherwise 12 months if working for present employer from less than 6 months.

Thank you for confirming this. Now we do have a 1 year old child as dependent listed on our application. But my child has a British passport, which I think exempted for additional income needed for child ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 5149
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Sanity Checking

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:18 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:55 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm
adkh2_1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Hi Guys,


I posted this question earlier with no replies. It would be so helpful if somebody confirms my assumptions below.


I have earned monthly gross salary of £1566 each month for last six months. According to my understanding Home office will multiply my salary from last payslips to 12 and judge if the figure is above £18600 ?
Usually £1550 per month wages (in case of no more dependant) is sufficient. If you are working for your current employer from at least 6 months then you should attach only 6 months of payslips with 6 months of corresponding bank statements otherwise 12 months if working for present employer from less than 6 months.

Thank you for confirming this. Now we do have a 1 year old child as dependent listed on our application. But my child has a British passport, which I think exempted for additional income needed for child ?
Yes British child should be exempted from financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Sanity Checking

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am

Hi guys,


Is it advisable to provide additional documents like proof of savings, even though I fulfil the requirements in Category A. I won't mention the savings on the Appendix2 but provide proof of savings as and additional document ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Sanity Checking

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Guys,


I have submitted the spouse visa application and sent documents to Sheffield. And paid £573 for priority service.
But I am still confuse when this service kicks in. On my online application form it said application type as "standard".
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi Guys,


I applied for my wife's spouse visa a month ago using priority service. I am still confused how it works.
Basically I filled online application form and paid for application fee and Health surcharge. Then I payed separately on VFS website for priority service using GWF number created on my online application form.

But I noticed on my online application form, it was stated application type as 'Standard'. So at what point priority service kicks in ?

I hope I didn't pay £573 extra for nothing ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
Londoner007
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Priority Service

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Did you write "Priority" on top of your bundle and provided them with receipt of payment?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 pm
Did you write "Priority" on top of your bundle and provided them with receipt of payment?
No I didn't do that.
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
Londoner007
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Priority Service

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 pm

They specifically ask you to mark the bundle with "Priority" otherwise how would they know its a priority application.

Maybe send them an email with proof of payment for priority and explain the situation to them.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 pm
They specifically ask you to mark the bundle with "Priority" otherwise how would they know its a priority application.

Maybe send them an email with proof of payment for priority and explain the situation to them.
Come to think of it makes sense putting on the bundle, I was confused on VFS website they asked me to enter the GWF number, So I thought they might have a automatic way of linking up the GWF numbers to pool with Priority application to the ones with standard applications.

Its only after a month of application and no response from HO i am starting to wonder wether they actually treating my application under priority application.
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
Londoner007
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Priority Service

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:48 pm

The fact that you pay extra to a third party for priority is a hint that the two systems arent linked.

Live and learn for the future - read small prints
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:48 pm
The fact that you pay extra to a third party for priority is a hint that the two systems arent linked.

Live and learn for the future - read small prints

Ok, so now can I ask for re-fund ? or would I be able to send them email and rectify that ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
Londoner007
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Priority Service

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:51 pm

What would be your grounds for a refund?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:51 pm
What would be your grounds for a refund?
I payed for something which I am not even benefiting.
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
Londoner007
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Priority Service

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:55 pm

They will possibly reply with "follow the instructions that we have specifically set out for sending in priority applications in our guidance"

Your best bet is sending them a email with proof so that they treat it as priority starting now.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:55 pm
They will possibly reply with "follow the instructions that we have specifically set out for sending in priority applications in our guidance"

Your best bet is sending them a email with proof so that they treat it as priority starting now.
I am in process of sending them email, but their email services doesn't have attachment section, so I will just put the details of payment references in the email.


On follow the instruction bit, they sadly didn't send any instructions, all they said 'Please print this as evidence and take it Visa processing centre', Which my wife did and presented at the Biometrics centre.
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

User avatar
Londoner007
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Priority Service

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Hopefully you get this sorted - all the best.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

adkh2_1
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Priority Service

Post by adkh2_1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Hopefully you get this sorted - all the best.
I have emailed HO, and they said they need to escalate my case ? And ask me to provide with a reason ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

Kwipeh
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:05 am
Nigeria

Re: Priority Service

Post by Kwipeh » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 am

adkh2_1 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:43 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Hopefully you get this sorted - all the best.
I have emailed HO, and they said they need to escalate my case ? And ask me to provide with a reason ?
You paid for a service which you didn't use (albeit due to no fault of theirs) and now you want that service to kick in.

Locked
cron