ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding evidence of cohabitation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Regarding evidence of cohabitation

Post by Globe Trotter » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:49 pm

Hello,

Greetings of the day.

Regarding the following requirement:
Evidence of cohabitation (documents from at least six different sources addressed to the applicant and the sponsor either jointly or separately for every year since the applicant entered the UK. This can include bank statements of the applicant, bank statements of the sponsor, joint bank account statements, utility bills, NHS documents, HMRC documents, tenancy agreement/title deed of property or any other letters or documents addressed to the applicant or the sponsor for the last 2.5 years).

My query is:
For a family of 3 adults (sponsor, spouse and 19 year old child), does it mean they should have 6 different documents ‘Each’. That is, the sponsor should have 6 different documents in his name, the spouse should have 6 different documents in her name and the child should have 6 different documents in his name?

OR

A total of 6 different documents are required in their names. i.e. 3 different document in the name of sponsor, 2 different documents in the name of spouse and 1 document in the name of child. The total adds upto to 6 documents.

Can you please clarify this?

Kindest regards.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Re: Regarding evidence of cohabitation

Post by Globe Trotter » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:21 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on the query given below:

Regarding the following requirement:
Evidence of cohabitation (documents from at least six different sources addressed to the applicant and the sponsor either jointly or separately for every year since the applicant entered the UK. This can include bank statements of the applicant, bank statements of the sponsor, joint bank account statements, utility bills, NHS documents, HMRC documents, tenancy agreement/title deed of property or any other letters or documents addressed to the applicant or the sponsor for the last 2.5 years).

My query is:
For a family of 3 adults (sponsor, spouse and 19 year old child), does it mean they should have 6 different documents ‘Each’. That is, the sponsor should have 6 different documents in his name, the spouse should have 6 different documents in her name and the child should have 6 different documents in his name?

OR

A total of 6 different documents are required in their names. i.e. 3 different document in the name of sponsor, 2 different documents in the name of spouse and 1 document in the name of child. The total adds upto to 6 documents.

Can anyone please clarify this?

Kindest regards.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:06 pm

The requirements is for you and spouse.
6 documents if jointly named I.e. if names of you and spouse are on the correspondence
OR
6 documents each if not jointly named.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:48 am

Many thanks AmazonianX as I was not aware of this and I had misinterpreted the rule! Your timely advice has saved a lot of my problems later down the line.

Does my 19 year old son not require these documents? As far as I know, he will be treated as an adult and may have to provide these too. He came to the UK last year, as my dependent.

Kindest regards.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Good morning,

Can I please have a response on the below mentioned query:

Does my 19 year old son require cohabitation documents? As far as I know, he will be treated as an adult and may have to provide these too. He came to the UK last year, as my dependent.

Kindest regards.