ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Settlement Visa

Post by ismath » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for Uk spouse priority visa on 27th of JUNE 2021. My wife started working on last december and we have submitted 6 months of payslips.

I got refused for the first time because we didn’t had sufficient financial requirements on december 2020 . So UKVI refused the entry clearance.

My question is its been more than a month since wr applied, still there is no response from them. Will it delayed due to previous refusal. Because my application is straight forward and we have submitted all the required documents: Relationship history, marriage certificate, chat logs, payslips, bank statements, tb certificate, accomodation documents.

I have provided the biometrics on 27-07-2021. Please can anyone advice. Its almost 2 years since we married. Me and my wife desperately waiting for this and so worried.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Settlement Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:43 pm

ismath wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:22 pm
Hi All,

I have applied for Uk spouse priority visa on 27th of JUNE 2021. My wife started working on last december and we have submitted 6 months of payslips.

I got refused for the first time because we didn’t had sufficient financial requirements on december 2020 . So UKVI refused the entry clearance.

My question is its been more than a month since wr applied, still there is no response from them. Will it delayed due to previous refusal. Because my application is straight forward and we have submitted all the required documents: Relationship history, marriage certificate, chat logs, payslips, bank statements, tb certificate, accomodation documents.

I have provided the biometrics on 27-07-2021. Please can anyone advice. Its almost 2 years since we married. Me and my wife desperately waiting for this and so worried.
If remember correctly, person who had a visa refusal before for whatsoever reason are advised not to apply for priority service.
Have you received a mail from UKVI stating not straightforward?
The response to your question can only be provided by UKVI

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:28 pm

No, not yet. There is no email from them yet. My wife tried to contact them, they are not even responding. It says please wait for a very long time like 3 hours.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:15 pm

Friend try to find a way to stop thinking about it, I made my wife's application on 13/07/21 and still no reply or acknowledgement yet. It's not an issue, UKVI has 12 weeks/60 Working days minimum before they actually have to respond with an update. Try not to worry before this date as there is nothing you can do to make the process go any quicker at this stage.

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Yes, that is for standard timeline. I’m worried because I have paid extra £600 pounds for the priority. So if it is getting delayed there is no point of applying for priority.

Thats the reason we are worried about now. We even tried to contact UKVI to know the progress but there was no response from them.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 pm

ismath wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Yes, that is for standard timeline. I’m worried because I have paid extra £600 pounds for the priority. So if it is getting delayed there is no point of applying for priority.

Thats the reason we are worried about now. We even tried to contact UKVI to know the progress but there was no response from them.
In that case I fear that a mistake has been made and a priority visa should not have been applied for as you have a previous refusal. I beleive it is generally advised that a non-priority application gives the HO the required time to review your case. These things happen so try not to beat yourself up too much. Keep us posted if anything changes.

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 pm

Sure, I will keep this posted. My lawyer suggested me to apply for priority as this is a straight forward case. And moreover i haven’t got any email regarding non- straight forward email from UKVI. So lets see, I have time until 8th september for 30 working days.

I will keep u guys posted. Thanks for the suggestions!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Theunknownusername wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 pm
ismath wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:32 pm

In that case I fear that a mistake has been made and a priority visa should not have been applied for as you have a previous refusal. I beleive it is generally advised that a non-priority application gives the HO the required time to review your case. These things happen so try not to beat yourself up too much. Keep us posted if anything changes.
Same thoughts voiced previously. Hoping the OP gets it within the 30days thinking of and that your lawyer

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Hi All,

We made an enquiry to the UKVI for the application progress and they have replied that they made an decision on my application, VAC will contact me for the collection of my passport.

Do anyone know how long will it take for the VAC to contact for the collection of my passport.

I hope the decision will be positive because if it is rejected the UKVI would have sent the refusal email before the passport collection.

Please can anyone advise.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:10 pm

ismath wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:49 pm
Hi All,

We made an enquiry to the UKVI for the application progress and they have replied that they made an decision on my application, VAC will contact me for the collection of my passport.

Do anyone know how long will it take for the VAC to contact for the collection of my passport.

I hope the decision will be positive because if it is rejected the UKVI would have sent the refusal email before the passport collection.

Please can anyone advise.
You won't know the result of the application until you have picked your passport. Depending the country as far as i know from many groups, certain countries are sent approval via email while the rest will usually find out the result of their application once they picked up their passport.

I will suggest you wait for the VAC to get in touch with you that the passport is ready to be picked up.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:03 am

I just want to know how long will it take normally for the VAC to contact for the passport collection after the decision made by the UKVI

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:07 am

ismath wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:03 am
I just want to know how long will it take normally for the VAC to contact for the passport collection after the decision made by the UKVI
Whatever answer we give is a guess but from people's post history on the 'Pakistan Timelines' thread, seems to be around 1 to 2 weeks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:28 am

ismath wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:03 am
No one can accurately tell you this information! I know you are anxious to know the decision but remember no one here work for the VAC or UKVI. There’s a process involve once a decision has been made for example printing of your vignette and placing it on to your passport is sometimes done by the VAC. As mentioned above it could take between now and couple of weeks.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:14 am

Hi All,

Alhamdhullilah, Today I have received my passport with visa approved. The timeline for this is exactly 30 working days which is 6 weeks altogether.

I haven’t got any email from VFS though, just received an sms from DHL courier that the passport has been ready for shipment.

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestion and I wish everyone who applied for visa to be positive. All you need to have patience and prayers.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:41 am

ismath wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:14 am
Hi All,

Alhamdhullilah, Today I have received my passport with visa approved. The timeline for this is exactly 30 working days which is 6 weeks altogether.

I haven’t got any email from VFS though, just received an sms from DHL courier that the passport has been ready for shipment.

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestion and I wish everyone who applied for visa to be positive. All you need to have patience and prayers.
Great news! Very happy for you! For completion, can you state in the Pakistan Timelines thread all of the details of your visa application process? This will help other people in the future who need some support from seeing other people going through similar applications.

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ismath » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:45 am

Sure

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India