ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Approval Delayed - Urgent Help Needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

curioussam
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Spouse Visa Extension Approval Delayed - Urgent Help Needed

Post by curioussam » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:27 pm

Hello

My husband applied for a spouse visa extension in the UK in November 2021 on a next day decision service using the UVKCAS checking service as well to ensure he submitted all that was required,

Home Office replied next day stating further checks had to be made so the next day service could not be completed. We had paid a premium for this service - we have not received a refund.

We did not hear back from Home Office until February 2022 stating the consent forms had not been submitted. However it was the gentleman from UKVCAS checking service that had advised not to add that to the scanned documents to be uploaded for submission. We sent the scanned the documents immediately stating why it was initially omitted.

We have not heard back from Office since then despite emails and phone calls. This is serious;y baffling as it is a legitimate application - my husband and I have lived legitimately for 3 years on the back of the initial application that was approved by Home Office.We cannot seem to fathom why the extension approval has been held for 9 months.

This is seriously affecting my mental health as I was diagnosed with cancer at the time of the application and at the same time just had a baby.

It's been really tough.

Please has anyone experienced this as well - where spouse extension application is being delayed for this long?

We are battling cancer and at the same time seriously worried about what Home Office,

Please advise - what can we do?

Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Approval Delayed - Urgent Help Needed

Post by manci » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:21 pm

Sorry about your circumstances. Suggest to contact your MP.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:00 am

Also you may also lodge complaint.

curioussam
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by curioussam » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:35 pm

Thank you so much for responding. I will contact the local MP.

Please who can we lodge a complaint to?

Thank you for your help.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 pm

Complaints about UKVI are a lengthy process but it is described here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... o-complain

The MP, if s/he is on the ball, may come up with something facilitating processing your application sooner.

Best of luck and please update the forum.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice