ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse VISA extension question - Urgent Travel

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

az91
Newly Registered

Spouse VISA extension question - Urgent Travel

Post by az91 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:58 pm

Hi all,

This forums have been really helpful and I'm grateful for all of your help.

I have a question, my wife got her spouse visa in December 2018. Her visa expires on the 21st of September/2021. She has to travel for a family event and can fly back on the 10th of September. My questions are:

1- Do we need to apply for extension more than 28 days before expiry or within 28 days?
2- If we prepare all the paperwork in advance, is it okay to apply for extension 5-10 days before expiry?
3- Is there a risk that she won't be allowed back into the UK at border control or flight check-in desks if she only has 10 days left in her spouse visa?
4- For renewal process, does she need to do an English test (she did Toefl back in 2018 when we first applied) ? and do we need to visit any centre in person? Just trying to see if we'll have enough time to do everything when she gets back.
5- Worst case scenario that she gets stuck due to a positive covid19 test or whatever, can she still renew the VISA (even if it means paying an extra fee)?

Thank you so much for your help.

A

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse VISA extension question - Urgent Travel

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:12 am

az91 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:58 pm
Hi all,

I have a question, my wife got her spouse visa in December 2018. Her visa expires on the 21st of September/2021. She has to travel for a family event and can fly back on the 10th of September. My questions are:

1- Do we need to apply for extension more than 28 days before expiry or within 28 days? Correct
Can apply for extension from 30months in UK - 28days. Actually you can apply any time, the caution is to prevent shortfall n requiring a 3rd extension before ILR.

2- If we prepare all the paperwork in advance, is it okay to apply for extension 5-10 days before expiry? Yes you can as spouse still has valid leave
3- Is there a risk that she won't be allowed back into the UK at border control or flight check-in desks if she only has 10 days left in her spouse visa? There could be, but a low one so far leave is still valid. Preparing the application may be helpful
4- For renewal process, does she need to do an English test (she did Toefl back in 2018 when we first applied) ? and do we need to visit any centre in person? Just trying to see if we'll have enough time to do everything when she gets back.
5- Worst case scenario that she gets stuck due to a positive covid19 test or whatever, can she still renew the VISA (even if it means paying an extra fee)?

A

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse VISA extension question - Urgent Travel

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:03 am

az91 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:58 pm
Hi all,

1- Do we need to apply for extension more than 28 days before expiry or within 28 days?
2- If we prepare all the paperwork in advance, is it okay to apply for extension 5-10 days before expiry?
3- Is there a risk that she won't be allowed back into the UK at border control or flight check-in desks if she only has 10 days left in her spouse visa?

A
4. What level was it?
5. If she arrived back in the UK, it is possible to do a priority application otherwise if she got stuck abroad, she wll need another entry clearance visa as her leave expired while she was abroad as far as i am aware.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.