ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Turkish Husband- Scan my own supporting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nadzx-o-x-
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse Visa Turkish Husband- Scan my own supporting documents

Post by nadzx-o-x- » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 pm

I am in the process of gathering my supporting documents for my husbands spouse visa.
I have registered his reference number on the TLScontact website. It asked me which centre he needed his biometrics completed. I put down Turkey as thats his nationality and he lives there. So ive successfully booked the appointment. However i want to submit the supporting documents myself so i opted for self scan so i can upload them myself at work. It looks pretty straight forward in uploading them online. My questions:
Once i have uploaded all the documents will i need to attend a separate appointment in the UK visa centre in London?
Do i have to take the originals there to prove they are legit or can i just hit submit documents on my TLS page and it all goes to Sheffield direct?
Also with the spouse checklist from directgov site i noticed its not very detailed. It mentions nothing about communications emails phone logs, photographs etc? Should i still upload this information to my supporting documents online?

If any of you have recently submitted a spouse visa scanning your own documents, please guide me!

Thank you so much for any feedback.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Turkish Husband- Scan my own supporting documents

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:31 pm

If you are a UK sponsor who is uploading the supporting documents for his partner then you wont need to visit VFS in UK rather the applicant need to book appointment at her VFS/TLS centre for biometrics appointment and for allowing them to forward these documents to UKVI.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nadzx-o-x-
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nadzx-o-x- » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:34 am

Thank you so much for replying.
I have booked my husband bio-metrics appointment for Friday 16th August in Izmir Turkey.
I have opted to upload my own documents via edossier on the tls website.
When i upload everything correctly, there is a button saying submit.
Do you reckon this goes straight to Sheffield or would it go to his Visa centre in Izmir Turkey?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:30 pm

nadzx-o-x- wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:34 am

Do you reckon this goes straight to Sheffield or would it go to his Visa centre in Izmir Turkey?
TLScontact will make the final submission to HO.

nadzx-o-x-
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nadzx-o-x- » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Has anyone used the self scan service with edossier?
I need some advice, im using edossier and my husbands appointment is Friday.
Do i need to submit all the supporting documents on Edossier before he goes to his appointment?
Or do i wait until his appointment?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:53 pm

nadzx-o-x- wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm
Do i need to submit all the supporting documents on Edossier before he goes to his appointment?
Yes.

nate1984
Newly Registered

Post by nate1984 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:51 pm

How did it go with scanning docs in the UK? Will be applying for my Turkish wife's spousal visa in December and confused about the options available for document submission. Can she submit them in Turkey when she gives her biometrics? Is there a link to a site that lists the various options available for document submission? Thanks

nadzx-o-x-
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nadzx-o-x- » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Hey,

OK so basically i submitted my documents via edossier which is the self scan service and it was soooooo easy.
If you need any help i can guide you through.
I sent my Spouse visa off on 9 August 2019 and i am still waiting for an answer. The 12 week mark is 9 November so not long now fingers crossed.
I didn't go to a scanning centre as i wanted to make sure everything was scanned properly and i wanted to do it myself.
I did all the scanning at my work place and saved all the PDFs on my desktop in a folder.
Make sure the scans are clear and not blurry.
Uploading onto the edossier system is also very easy. Once you have uploaded all your documents you submit them. Again i can help you if you need help.

nadzx-o-x-
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nadzx-o-x- » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 pm

Sorry forgot to answer your questions:

Its easier if you sumbit everything from the UK yourself. Either at a scanning centre where they charge you or yourself for free like i did it.

TLSContact is the website you get taken to after you make your payment. That will allow you to choose how you send your documents whether you do it yourself or via the scanning hub centre.
On there you can also track your application.

nadzx-o-x-
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nadzx-o-x- » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:03 am

Just to let everyone know my Timeline:

Application location: Izmir, Turkey
Visa type: Spouse Visa (Partner FLM)
Priority or non-priority: Non Priority
Date online application made: 08/08/2019
Supporting Documents scanned to VFS (i did this myself via Edossier): 12/08/2019
Date biometrics taken at VFS: 16/08/2019
Date of email confirming Entry Clearance Officer was assigned: 16/09/2019
Date of email to collect Passport from VFS: 30/10/2019
Date when passport collected with approved visa: 01/11/2019
Total Waiting Time: 85 Days

Dear All,

This was the most nerve racking experience i have ever had to encounter. It is not easy, you will argue with your partner, there will be a lot of stress. The main thing is to stay stong.
Allah Hu Akbar we finally received our visa. I did my application all on my own with no help from a lawyer or a solicitor. I scanned my own documents and sent them myself electronically.
I am still shocked we received the visa- for anyone who needs advice on their spouse application send me an email and i`ll try my best to support you and talk you through the process. (nadiaangela123@live.com)
I know what it feels like to do something alone with no support, its a horrible feeling.
Goodluck guys! Message me if you need any help!

Nadia