ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent extension or FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pramod4u4ever
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent extension or FLR(M)

Post by pramod4u4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 am

Hi

My Query is I am married in feb 2014 and my wife came to UK in Mar 2014 as tier 1 dependant. She got 2years visa.
Now i have PR or ILR visa in March. What visa should i apply for my wife?
Is it Tier1 dependant or FLR(M)?

My visa category changes to ILR isin't. So how can i apply Tier 1 Dependant ext for my wife?
If it is FLR(M) then the 2years that she spentTier 1 will be counted for her ILR?

Please share any info regrading this.

Thanks
Pramod

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Dependent extension or FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:01 am

Did you get ILR based on Tier 1 G with 5 years residence or on the basis of 10 years long residence?

If 5 years residence, your wife can apply to extend her Tier 1 Dependent visa until she meets the requirement for ILR.

If she switches to FLR(M), her clock towards ILR will be reset to zero and she will have to wait 5 years (2 x 2.5 year FLR(M) visas) before qualifying for ILR. The time spent as Tier 1 dependent WILL NOT be counted towards this new 5 year residence requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pramod4u4ever
Newly Registered

Post by pramod4u4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply ILR in this coming march on Tier 1 G category.
I won't be in TIER 1 G if i get ILR then how come my wife can extend her visa on Tier 1 G dependant?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Because the rules allow PBS Dependents to continue on their existing visas. See Dependents of ILR economic 5 year route applicants (click)

It would be different in you apply for ILR based on long residence as then your spouse has no option but to apply for FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pramod4u4ever
Newly Registered

Post by pramod4u4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Ok thank you.