ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS - Uploading documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Robstin2014
United States of America

UKVCAS - Uploading documents

Post by Robstin2014 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are currently looking to upload all of our scanned documents via the UKVCAS website portal in preparation for our appointment on Thursday.

We have only just noticed that the website specifies that ALL documents must be scanned in grey-scale or black and white.

All of our current documents are in colour; can we still submit these anyway? (Each document is less than 6MB)
Attachments
File Requirements.JPG
File Requirements.JPG (219.19 KiB) Viewed 18259 times

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS - Uploading documents

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Where its written that documents must be scanned in balck and white?

They are asking to scan documents in black and white only to reduce size and have multiple pages within one file. I don't see any issue if your colour documents are within the size limits

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi,

Please see the guidance as it is written below:

"Scan in Greyscale or Black and white: To help contain the files size to 6MB please scan in ‘Greyscale’ or ‘Black and white’ and not in ‘Colour’. It is also helpful to keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi. This can be achieved by configuring your device by the available ‘Settings’ option, that allows you to choose the file format, colour and the dpi resolution. With this approach, you will be able to scan up to 50 pages per document within the allowed 6 MB limit."

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Would be a real shame to get rejected on something small and silly like this.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Robstin2014 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 pm
Hi,

Please see the guidance as it is written below:

"Scan in Greyscale or Black and white: To help contain the files size to 6MB please scan in ‘Greyscale’ or ‘Black and white’ and not in ‘Colour’. It is also helpful to keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi. This can be achieved by configuring your device by the available ‘Settings’ option, that allows you to choose the file format, colour and the dpi resolution. With this approach, you will be able to scan up to 50 pages per document within the allowed 6 MB limit."

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Would be a real shame to get rejected on something small and silly like this.
I read it but I don't see where its written as mandatory thing....they are asking black and white copy to help people in reducing the size of documents and stay within limits of 6mb

If its still bothering you then go and do balck and white scanning . I would have not care about balkc white or colour as long as documnets are scanned properly and size limitaion maintained as per guideline

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 pm

I didn’t notice these guidelines when my wife applied for her FLR(M) in February 2019.

All our scans were in colour.

I did need to reduce the quality for some documents because, for example, the passport scan was around 16 pages. I made sure to reduce the number of separate scans, so the case worker has an easy job; I also put all the correspondence documents into one scan.

Don’t worry and to put it another way, it’s impossible to refuse a visa based on the type of scans; it’s the content of a scan that matters.

However make sure you upload ASAP because if you have unexpected internet problems, or their site is down, you have very little time until Thursday.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:41 pm

hi,

Thanks very much for your help.

We are currently uploading them as we speak.

For the passport we only scanned the photo page and vignette page (from previous U.K. entry clearance) do we need to have all pages which contain a stamp?

If so I can scan these remaining pages at work tomorrow.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 pm

I can’t remember the stated requirements for passports however as you now have the opportunity, you should scan the full passport for both of you, also the previous expired passport which shows the previous visa.

Certainly won’t do any harm if you do per above.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks ariamus,

Can someone please advise as to the requirements for passport scans?

For the passport we only scanned the photo page and vignette page (from previous U.K. entry clearance) do we need to have all pages which contain stamps?

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 am

Please can someone advise me on my questions above?

Thanks

haya2020
Newly Registered

Applied for FLR extention, will i get an acknowlodegement letter or not

Post by haya2020 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Hello afternoon, I applied for FLR 1st extension on 2nd of October 2019 via UKVCAS, I have given my biometric and uploaded all documents via them. Now my question is will I get an acknowledgement letter or notfrom Home Office? please help

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:36 am

Robstin2014 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 am
Please can someone advise me on my questions above?

Thanks
Hello,

Just got my Extension approved. I used my office scanner and everything was in colourw for example marriage certificate, passport pages, visa stamps of all passports held including my first ever UK visa stamp. There were no problems. You are over thinking a bit which I did.
Just make sure they are within the size limit which they'll be if you use a good quality office scanner. 6 months bank statements for example will come out with a mix of black and white colours if you scan original documents from the bank. Or simply for ur peace of mind scan everything in black and white.

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Applied for FLR extention, will i get an acknowlodegement letter or not

Post by UzomaPhilips » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:38 am

haya2020 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:09 pm
Hello afternoon, I applied for FLR 1st extension on 2nd of October 2019 via UKVCAS, I have given my biometric and uploaded all documents via them. Now my question is will I get an acknowledgement letter or notfrom Home Office? please help
Unlikely unless the HO require additional documents. I never got any emails or acknowledgement till my decision letter and brp were delivered.

haya2020
Newly Registered

Post by haya2020 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:46 am

Oh nice. Thank you for reply. Anyway How long does it take for you to comeback. And my problem is current workplace asking a proof that applied, but I don’t have anything strong. Many thanks