Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

What Visa for Mother in Law - EEA FP or UK Tourist Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:44 am

What Visa for Mother in Law - EEA FP or UK Tourist Visa?

Post by dsab85 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:58 am


I am a EU citizen and my wife is a non-EU citizen, both residing in the UK. My wife came here on a EEA FP and now has the 5 year resideny in the UK.

My mother in law intends to visit us now for a few weeks. Can we still aply for a EEA FP for her, even though she has no intention of settling down here?

Or do we have to go the normal UK visitor Visa route?

Best Regards,

Posts: 28562
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.