ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which application forms to use for Spouse Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nabz85
Newly Registered

Which application forms to use for Spouse Visa?

Post by nabz85 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi guys,

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread and apologies if a similar post has already been posted, difficult to find a thread that has my answers... but I just want to make sure I have submitted the right form to apply for my wife's UK Visa. It might be straight forward, but it's been so confusing for me...

Firstly, I have filled out and submitted the following form for on behalf of my wife who resides in Pakistan:

1) https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome - Is this the right form to fill out? & Can someone please confirm if this form is also known as the "Main Personal Form (VAF4A)" please?? I did this online and submitted this online and made payment for the application and also for the IHS when completing this form.

2) I have printed out the APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A Decemeber 2013) form. Does this also need filling out on behalf of my wife?

3) Am I right in saying, I cannot submit any of my documents to Sheffield till my wife has her biometrics done? Once she has done her Biometric, can I post all my documents the next working day after her biometric?

4) I have the following documents to submit:
a) The online form I submitted: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome I have this printed out and signed from my wife.

b) Appendix 2 as above submit this application too.

c) My wife's IELTS A1 Life Skills certificate & TB Test certificate

d) Marriage Certificate, WhatsApp chats (I exported my whatsapp chat and it is like 1500 pages, surely i'm not going to send 1500 pages?! Can i just send extract of our chat and what would seem reasonable to send? 50 pages? 100 pages?) Call logs (screen shots of video calls I made on whatsapp and duration of calls), Photo's of us before getting engaged, photo's of engagement, photo's of our wedding and photo's of our honeymoon.

e) I have my job letter to state I'm permanent and earning more than the required threshold. I have my last 6 months payslips, my P60, my bank statements (6 months). A copy of my passport (each page) and been attested also.

f) I live with my brother, so I am submitting his utilities bill, gas/electric and water bill for last 6 months. He has also written a supporting letter to state he is happy for my wife to come and stay with me at his house. I have also done the house survey from council/authorised person to back up there is enough room in the house for her to stay.

Is there anything else I need to submit?

I wanted to do fast-track application. Even though I have submitted the application online 3 days ago, can I still pay for fast track? If so, how can I do this? Do I have to wait till my wife has done her biometric and then apply for fast track? Can someone please tell me how I can do this as I didn't have the option to choose fast track when I was submitted the form online?

If you guys can please help, I would really appreciate it...(or if i have missed anything that I need to submit, please let me know)

Many thanks in advance.

Nabz,

nabz85
Newly Registered

Re: Which application forms to use for Spouse Visa?

Post by nabz85 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm

I think at your local vfs centre when your partner will be doing biometrics then you can pay for priority service.
read at below link:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/us ... ces.html#9
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nabz85
Newly Registered

Post by nabz85 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks Seagul for your response.

I'll ask my partner to check this when she gets her biometric done.

With regards to my other points above, do you have any knowledge on that, or do you know anyone else that can help and confirm for me please?

Thanks a lot - much appreciated.

Nabz.