ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which option to select when extending spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Which option to select when extending spouse visa

Post by greegiecee » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi everyone

It feels like an age since I completed the last application for my wife's spouse visa. I am assuming I am using the correct option going the "family route" as the forms don't seem to be labelled FLRM etc anymore.

It asks during the application "Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type." to which I selected:
"First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)"
I am assuming that this is the option given it is my wife's first extension on her spouse visa having just completed 30 months on the current one?

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Which option to select when extending spouse visa

Post by TODMATT » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:51 pm

greegiecee wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:51 pm
Hi everyone

It feels like an age since I completed the last application for my wife's spouse visa. I am assuming I am using the correct option going the "family route" as the forms don't seem to be labelled FLRM etc anymore.

It asks during the application "Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type." to which I selected:
"First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)"
I am assuming that this is the option given it is my wife's first extension on her spouse visa having just completed 30 months on the current one?

Thanks in advance.
Yes assuming your wife came from abroad on a visa granted for 33 months.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:16 pm

Thanks for the reply Todmatt. She didn’t. She was on a tier 2 dependent visa. I then got ILR so we had to switch her to a spouse visa which was granted for 30 months. This expires in 2 weeks so we need to extend it for a further 2.5 years so she hits the 5 year mark to get ILR. If that makes sense.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:58 am

greegiecee wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:16 pm
Thanks for the reply Todmatt. She didn’t. She was on a tier 2 dependent visa. I then got ILR so we had to switch her to a spouse visa which was granted for 30 months. This expires in 2 weeks so we need to extend it for a further 2.5 years so she hits the 5 year mark to get ILR. If that makes sense.
The option above is not for you since you didn’t arrive into the U.K on a spouse visa so the option which applies to you will be “Additional extension as a partner ” after initial application within U.K.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:33 pm

Thanks Todmatt. Not sure if you or someone else can help me with another questions.

Under the heading of "Current Partner" they ask "Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?"

I've said yes, but now I am wondering if this is right. My wife came in first as tier 2 dependent. We then switched her to a family visa as my spouse when I got ILR. I'm not sure if they could her first visa a tier 2 dependent as a partner route.

I selected yes because I am assuming when they talk about partner route they are referring to the 5 year route she is on towards ILR.

Thanks in advance for any help.