ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR long residence - 28 days in advance eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neergarguk54
Newly Registered
India

Indefinite Leave to Remain - SET (LR) or SET (M)

Post by neergarguk54 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:58 am

Hi,

I have a query on ILR route and I will appreciate if someone can please advise/guide.

My situation -
I arrived in UK in May 2014 on Tier 2 ICT work visa
I switched to PBS Dependent on my husband work visa in Jan 2016.
I continued on the PBS Dependent visa with few extensions until my husband got his ILR (using 10 year long term residence route) when I switch to Family visa FLR (M) in Mar 2022. I am currently on this visa.

I am going to complete my 10 years in May 2024 so the question is - Can I apply ILR using using 10 year long term residence route i.e. SET (LR)?

The confusion arise when I checked 10 year long term residence page on GOV.UK website saying below - (Page link - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1710198519)
    If you are the spouse or partner of someone who is settled and currently living in the UK and you have completed the relevant period of continuous leave in the UK using the 'Family Route', you cannot use this form. You must instead apply using the form Apply to settle in the UK - Partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK.

Since I have now spent around 2 years on Family visa, can I apply ILR using long term residence in May 2024 or I have to wait for another 3 year to complete 5 years on Family visa to apply ILR using SET (M)

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - SET (LR) or SET (M)

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:04 am

Can I apply ILR using using 10 year long term residence route i.e. SET (LR)?
    Yes.

The link refers to family visa and 5 year qualifying period
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neergarguk54
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by neergarguk54 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:16 am

Sorry didn't get your response very well.

Are you advising that I can apply using 10 year residence or have to wait to complete 5 year on Family visa before applying?

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:33 am

10 year set lr.

I responded yes to that part of your question so unsure what is unclear!
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neergarguk54
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by neergarguk54 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:00 pm

Thanks for response. Sorry the part that was unclear is the point on the website stating that if you have spent relevant period of continuous leave in the UK using 'Family Route' (which in my case is valid as I have spent 2 year now on Family visa) you cannot use this form. However in my case 10 year continuous leave is completing before 5 years on FLR (M) to apply ILR, so I should be able to apply using SET (LR)?

zimba
    Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:22 pm

neergarguk54 wrote:
    Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:00 pm
    Thanks for response. Sorry the part that was unclear is the point on the website stating that if you have spent relevant period of continuous leave in the UK using 'Family Route' (which in my case is valid as I have spent 2 year now on Family visa) you cannot use this form. However in my case 10 year continuous leave is completing before 5 years on FLR (M) to apply ILR, so I should be able to apply using SET (LR)?
    That is for people wanting to specifically apply under the family route. Your current visa route for SET(LR) does NOT matter, so do not get confused
    Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

neergarguk54
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by neergarguk54 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:52 pm

Thanks for the response and clarifying.

neergarguk54
    Newly Registered
    India

10 year ILR long residence - 28 days in advance eligibility

Post by neergarguk54 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:34 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding 10 year long residence ILR. Can I apply it 28 days in advance to completing 10 years. I arrived in UK on 10th May 2014 so am I eligible to apply now?

I have this question specifically because the gov.uk website 'https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility' doesn't explicitly says that you can apply 28 days in advance which I believe was mentioned couple of years back when my spouse applied so not sure if this rule has changed now in any form.

Please can someone advise? thanks

zimba
    Mood:

Re: 10 year ILR long residence - 28 days in advance eligibility

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:07 pm

There has never been such a thing as '28 day rule'. That is simply a UKVI concession which applies to all applications for ILR
    Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice