ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accelerated Settlement - Job Creation Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maroilyy
Newly Registered

Accelerated Settlement - Job Creation Questions

Post by maroilyy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:37 am

Hello everyone, I have been on Tier 1 Visa since June 2018 and have few questions with regards to applying for the accelerated settlement ILR route. I started my business in establishing day nurseries and I have managed to have 2 nurseries up and running since then and then I had to shut one down by September 2020 due to all covid19 impacts, just to give you context.
    I have created more than 10 full time jobs since June 2018, however when checking on the documents that we have for our employees. Few of the employees were missing ID documents such as Birth Certificate and Passport however we do have their driving license. Would the driving license on its own be sufficient to be used as a proof of ID/settlement as it has country of birth on it.
      During the employment period, during the first lock down I had to shut all nurseries down from 18th of March 2020 till September 2020. During this period all employees were on layoff so they didn't receive any pay as this was part of their contract. My questions is would the period of layoff be able to be counted in the 12 months of job creation.
        Also during this period I had 2 employees who were on maternity but one of them as she didn't meet the minimum maternity pay requirement and the other because she joined the company when she was pregnant they didn't qualify for SMP from myself and they had to go and claim it from the government directly. So they were still on payroll and still employed but not being paid by myself for their maternity. Can this maternity period be counted in the 12 month job creation period.
          As I mentioned before, I had to close down one of the nurseries and the employees their were made redundant and being paid for their notice period in lieu, would this pay duration be able to be counted for the 12 months job creation duration
            With regards to any job created can it be created by more than 2 people or meaning using 3 or 4 people to make up for one full time job each working a certain period of time adding to 12 months in total.

Your guidance on this will be very much appreciated, thank you guys and thank you for everyone in this community.

zimba
            Mood:

Re: Accelerated Settlement - Job Creation Questions

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:10 pm

No. You cannot rely on a driving license as proof of settled status. The job creation criteria including any COVID19 concession apply as per the Tier 1E guide.

Read the guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -_v.25.pdf
            Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice