ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant Letter for ILR application from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nizo
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Accountant Letter for ILR application from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)

Post by Nizo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 am

Hello,

I've been in the UK now for almost 5 years under the 'exceptional promise' track of the Tier 1 (exceptional talent) Visa. In a month I should be eligible to apply for an ILR. I'm self employed and I have two questions relating to the accountant letter that is required for my ILR application. On the government website the letter is described as:

'A letter from your accountant (confirming the amount you have earned): This letter should be
on headed paper and confirm the gross and net pay for the period to be assessed. The letter
should give a breakdown of salary, dividends, profits, tax credits and dates of net payments
earned. If your earnings are a share of the net profit of the company, the letter should also
explain this. All accountants must be either fully qualified chartered accountants or certified
accountants who are members of a registered body in the UK.'

My two questions relating to this are as follows:

1- What period does the accountant letter need to cover? Is the last tax year that I submitted a tax return for enough? Or does it have to be the entire 5 years (or 4 years since the deadline for paying the last tax year hasn't arrived yet)?

2- Does that 'UK - Chartered Institute of Taxation' count as a registered body in the UK? My accountants are a big firm with chartered and certified accountants, but I'm not sure about their registration.

I hope someone would be able to help me with these.

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Accountant Letter for ILR application from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice