ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry ILR documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

badabadabaa
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Ancestry ILR Continuous Period

Post by badabadabaa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi All

Regarding an application for an Ancestry ILR does anyone know if a letter is required from your employer to say your leave was annual leave or is a document with the dates of all your holidays abroad sufficient?

Does anyone know what happens if you need to leave the country during the 6m application period? I am thinking of a worst case scenario such as a family member dying. can you be granted something temporary to be able to travel?

Regarding finances, we will be submitting joint account evidence (wife is British citizen and we have joint finances), but we did have a period where my wife was claiming tax credits for childcare - does anyone know if this is likely to adversely affect my application?

Thanks All

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry ILR Continuous Period

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm

1. Letter not required for ancestry to ilr.

2. If you leave the uk, your ILR application will be considered withdrawn and if your visa has expired, no way to the enter the UK as an existing ancestry visa holder as your section 3C protection ends when you depart the UK. Applications do not take 6 months.

3. No issue provided your were claiming tax credits in JOINT names, or not her claiming as a single parent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badabadabaa
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Finance /Employment evidence

Post by badabadabaa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:04 pm

I am applying for ILR from Ancestry.

For evidence of employment I have 3 p45's which cover all previous jobs, I have just started a new job but have a contract of employment and all payslips since I started. I have requested a confirmation letter but not received yet. Is this sufficient? Also if I don't get the employer letter, how much of an issue is it?

For evidence of finance I have 3m bank statements from a joint account, 3m statements from my wifes account (she covers mortgage/bills etc), a mortgage statement for the last 6 months, premium bonds statement (wife's) and payslips as above and for my wife - is this sufficient?

Many thanks

badabadabaa
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Ancestry ILR - originals or copies

Post by badabadabaa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Another question!

For Ancestry ILR, are original documents (birth and marriage certs of ancestors) required in terms of proving ancestry or will copies suffice?

Thanks!!

vinny

Re: Ancestry ILR - originals or copies

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:21 am

There have been some changes.
39B
(d) Specified documents may be originals or copies.
Although in some cases or with entry clearance applications, when attending biometrics appointments, they may request and retain original documents, such as passports.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

badabadabaa
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Ancestry ILR documents

Post by badabadabaa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Hello again

Nearly ready to submit ILR application on the Ancestry, just a few final queries..

The bank haven't sent through copies of credit card statements which I was planning to use under the evidence of finances section - are these needed? I do have copies of my and my wife's current account statements

Also, would it be worthwhile for me to start scanning and saving electronic copies of my supporting documents now? I understand you can do this yourself and save being charged for a scanning service at the biometrics appointment - is this right?

Many thanks
Charlie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry ILR documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

You can't use credit card statements for finance, it is not your miney. You need to use payslips, bank statements and P60s etc.

Yes to your second question.

p.s. please keep your question in one thread. Topics have been merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badabadabaa
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by badabadabaa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Many Thanks for the fast reply!

I figured it would be useful to show credit card statements so they see we're not racking up debt but won't worry too much if they dpn't show up.

Also I am missing a couple of P60's from a few years ago so I obtained an employment history from HMRC, but it has no record of a part time job I had from 2014 -2018, although I do have all payslips, P45 and 3 out of 4 P60's from this job. Should I send in the HMRC employment history or would this just confuse things?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 pm

I figured it would be useful to show credit card statements so they see we're not racking up debt but won't worry too much if they dpn't show up.
Irrelevant. Don't submit what you think ho might want to see. Stick to the checklist and document requirements. Submitting unnecessary documents creates confusion and causes delays. Ho do their own checks on you from a wide range of sources. Leave them to do what they do.
Also I am missing a couple of P60's from a few years ago so I obtained an employment history from HMRC, but it has no record of a part time job I had from 2014 -2018, although I do have all payslips, P45 and 3 out of 4 P60's from this job. Should I send in the HMRC employment history or would this just confuse things?
P45s are fine and payslips and bank statements from your current job for about the last 6 months.

See also the topic in the link below of success stories.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ancestry-ilr-t274954.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)