ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents not asked in the document check list

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sardarge
Newly Registered

Cohabitation documents not asked in the document check list

Post by sardarge » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am

I am applying for my wife ILR and filled the set(0) online . i got my ILR recently Tier 1 50k 5 years. My wife completed 5 year in April 2019. At the end of online application document check list they did not asked for cohabitation documents so i did not complete the from i have some question to ask

am i filling the right from online set(0)

if they did not asked the cohabitation documents do i need to send it or not

thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Cohabitation documents not asked in the document check list

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 am

sardarge wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am
I am applying for my wife ILR and filled the set(0) online . i got my ILR recently Tier 1 50k 5 years. My wife completed 5 year in April 2019. At the end of online application document check list they did not asked for cohabitation documents so i did not complete the from i have some question to ask

am i filling the right from online set(0)

if they did not asked the cohabitation documents do i need to send it or not

thanks
Yes cohabitation documents are needed. Do not rely on checklist alone. Its not always accurate or updated. Guidance should be the main source of information.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 am

The online system is not perfect and any document being suggested in your application document list for cohabitation are some suggestions for your guidance. The immigration rules do not mention anything regarding the cohabitation evidence. The rules simply require you to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine and subsisting. UKVI used to ask for cohabitation documents as a way for the applicants to satisfy this requirement. The type of evidence they expected to see used to appear in the old SET(O) paper form:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse.
You are advised to send at least 3 pieces of evidence from 3 sources per year, so at least 6 pieces of evidence are needed. ANY document or evidence can be used

Currently, you can find what they expect covered under the 'Durable relationship' section in the 'Relationship with a partner' guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... artner.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kp1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by kp1983 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Please advise if recent joint bank account statements and a tenancy agreement suffice as co habitation documents ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:05 pm

kp1983 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Please advise if recent joint bank account statements and a tenancy agreement suffice as co habitation documents ?
You need 2 years evidence from 3 - 6 sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kp1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by kp1983 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you! In our case I already have the ILR and my wife alone is applying. Her last tier 2 extension was granted in Dec 2018. Does that mean we need to prove cohabitation only from Dec 2018 instead of for the last 2 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm

kp1983 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm
Thank you! In our case I already have the ILR and my wife alone is applying. Her last tier 2 extension was granted in Dec 2018. Does that mean we need to prove cohabitation only from Dec 2018 instead of for the last 2 years?
1. You should ask your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto and hijacking another members thread.

2. Last 2 years
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kp1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by kp1983 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Thank you.
Sorry will make sure.