ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of entry - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chattean
India

ILR 2021 - Tier2 General - Queries

Post by chattean » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi Team,
I have below queries regarding my ILR application which I will be available on few weeks:
1) I switched to Tier2 general from ICT, my visa stamp date is 01 Apr 2016 but I left for India after that to serve my notice period to my previous employer and joined new employer on 09 May. Now I am confused when can I apply my ILR application 28 prior to 01 Apr or 09 May.
2) If I can apply 28 days from 01 Apr then in my absence details can I mention 01 Apr to 08 May as notice period leave or something similar?
3) My daughter and son are born in UK and are now 7 yrs and 5 yrs. Do I need to apply for ILR for them as well or can they be considered for citizen directly?

Thanks,
Anurag C

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 2021 - Tier2 General - Queries

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:00 pm

1) It's from visa approval date
2) Absences before starting work does not need to be mentioned in the letter.
3) Your kids can be registered as British using form MN1 after you are granted ILR. No need for them to have ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm

Thanks Zimba,
A follow on query pls:
My current Tier2 VISA is valid till Dec 21, same for my wife and kids dependant visas. Can I apply my spouse ILR and Kids (MN1 as suggested) later this year and only apply my ILR as soon as eligible (in March). We want to go to India after mine is done, hopefully there existing dependent (via Tier2 general) visa will remain valid even if I have converted mine to ILR?

Thanks

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:00 am

Hi Team,
Could someone reply to my above query?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:50 am

chattean wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
Thanks Zimba,
A follow on query pls:
My current Tier2 VISA is valid till Dec 21, same for my wife and kids dependant visas. Can I apply my spouse ILR and Kids (MN1 as suggested) later this year and only apply my ILR as soon as eligible (in March). We want to go to India after mine is done, hopefully there existing dependent (via Tier2 general) visa will remain valid even if I have converted mine to ILR?

Thanks
Yes, you can. Their visas will be valid for travel
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chattean
India

ILR Documents - Tier2 General

Post by chattean » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 pm

1) Can someone list me the documents needed including any templates etc for ILR application?

2) For the continuous stay calculation does the case worker uses passport stamp dates to validate?
Actually I have a month of gap between visa grant date and joining date and I made a India trip during this time. Assuming I do not need to mention this in my absence letter, my visa entry dates are showing this trip.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Documents - Tier2 General

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:31 pm

1) Online system will give you a list
2) UKVI uses different sources like their border details, old landing cards as well as the passport stamps. The absence, in the beginning, is not an issue and does not need to mention

chattean
India

Date of entry - ILR

Post by chattean » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi Team,
I am applying for ILR, here is my background.

Tier 2 applied from within UK
Visa start date: 01 Apr 2016
Made an international trip to India before joining on 12 Apr 2016 - 08 May 2017
Company joining date 09 May 2016

While filing the application it asking
Date you first entered the UK (This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.)

What should I put?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Date of entry - ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:25 pm

01 Apr 2016

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks Zimba,
In that case my trip to India before joining the company will be counted as absence towards continuous residence calculation correct?
How should I mention this in absence letter as, something like 'family visit before joining job' ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 am

chattean wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:51 pm
Thanks Zimba,
In that case my trip to India before joining the company will be counted as absence towards continuous residence calculation correct?
How should I mention this in absence letter as, something like 'family visit before joining job' ?

Thanks
Absence before starting does not need to be in the letter

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:19 am

Hi Zimba,
Boarder agency will have records about my trip so case worker will definitely find out, agreed that this trip will not be mentioned in the letter of absence from company as its not in there record but should I mention this while filling the application?
Moreover while filling the application it asks about any trip outside UK without anything reference of joining date, will this not cause an issue? Please suggest, I am really worried.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:13 am

chattean wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:19 am
Hi Zimba,
Boarder agency will have records about my trip so case worker will definitely find out, agreed that this trip will not be mentioned in the letter of absence from company as its not in there record but should I mention this while filling the application?
Moreover while filling the application it asks about any trip outside UK without anything reference of joining date, will this not cause an issue? Please suggest, I am really worried.

Thanks
You will add the absence as normal while filling the online form but this does NOT need to be in the employer letter (I assume your employer will not include this as you were not employed by them at that time). You are not the first person with this query as this has been asked many times before here. This is normal and there is nothing to worry

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:14 pm

Thanks again,
I have one more query, while filling the application I am adding my spouse as well.
For her application there is a question:
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
I believe this will be YES since my over all period is Apr 2016 to Apr 2021
Followed by another question:
Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
This is YES too since she has absences.
And followed by:
Details of your time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies
Query: Here should I only mention absences only after 11 January 2018 or include all from 2016, 2017 and 2018, 2019 etc as well, because for my it asked me all absences

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:16 pm

chattean wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:14 pm
Thanks again,
I have one more query, while filling the application I am adding my spouse as well.
For her application there is a question:
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
I believe this will be YES since my over all period is Apr 2016 to Apr 2021
Followed by another question:
Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
This is YES too since she has absences.
And followed by:
Details of your time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies
Query: Here should I only mention absences only after 11 January 2018 or include all from 2016, 2017 and 2018, 2019 etc as well, because for my it asked me all absences
Only absences AFTER any visa issue date from 11th January 2018 ONLY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks,
Does that mean I should reply this question as NO?

VISA start date 01 Apr 2016 and current visa till 16 Dec 2021

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 am

chattean wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:43 pm
Thanks,
Does that mean I should reply this question as NO?

VISA start date 01 Apr 2016 and current visa till 16 Dec 2021
Correct

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Thanks ZImba,
But the period of stay is 01 Apr 2016 to 01 Apr 2021, so it looks likes it should be yes isn't?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:12 am

chattean wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 pm
Thanks ZImba,
But the period of stay is 01 Apr 2016 to 01 Apr 2021, so it looks likes it should be yes isn't?

The period is irrelevant. Visa issue date matters. It says leave granted since 11 Jan 2018. It is very clear :?

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi,
I have applied for the ILR for myself and wife, appointment pending.
Kids are not included here since their current t2 dependent visa is valid till Dec 21, I am planning to go through MN1 form for them post our ILR.
Do I need to mention this in covering letter in application, will this cause any delay in our application processing?
Can they make international travel using their existing visas even mine and wife changed to ILR?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:48 pm

chattean wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:31 pm
Hi,
I have applied for the ILR for myself and wife, appointment pending.
Kids are not included here since their current t2 dependent visa is valid till Dec 21, I am planning to go through MN1 form for them post our ILR.
Do I need to mention this in covering letter in application, will this cause any delay in our application processing?
Can they make international travel using their existing visas even mine and wife changed to ILR?
Yes it is all fine. They fact you got ILR does not affect their visas. MN1 does not affect travel either

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Just to clarify Zimba.
I do not need any covering letter along in my ILR application regarding VISA status of my kids?
Kids can travel internationally using their current Tier2 PBS dependent visa even after mine is changed to ILR?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:30 am

chattean wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm
Just to clarify Zimba.
I do not need any covering letter along in my ILR application regarding VISA status of my kids?
Kids can travel internationally using their current Tier2 PBS dependent visa even after mine is changed to ILR?

Thanks
I already answered those. NO need for a covering letter and YES kids can travel without any issues

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi Zimba,
I have applied for the ILR and now waiting for appointment day. Regarding my situation I have a quick query.
My visa date is 01 Apr 2016, I was in UK when I got this VISA but joined company on 09 May 2016.
Do I need a covering letter to mention by delayed joining? I made an international trip for 26 days during this time which is mentioned in the form as 'family visit' though this is not listed in absence letter since its was before joining.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:47 am

chattean wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:50 pm
Hi Zimba,
I have applied for the ILR and now waiting for appointment day. Regarding my situation I have a quick query.
My visa date is 01 Apr 2016, I was in UK when I got this VISA but joined company on 09 May 2016.
Do I need a covering letter to mention by delayed joining? I made an international trip for 26 days during this time which is mentioned in the form as 'family visit' though this is not listed in absence letter since its was before joining.

Thanks
No. Work start date is not important