ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic Voilence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khalidhussain96
Newly Registered

Domestic Voilence

Post by khalidhussain96 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:13 pm

I hope all is well.
I am here in UK for one year on a spouse visa got my first 2.5 years leave.
Yesterday after a heated argument my wife poured boiling water on me which has caused first and second degree burns on a 10% of my body. I went to the hospital, but I said it was caused by an accident.
But my wife has showed not a little bit of remorse.
I belong to an extremely poor family from India and I don't wanna go back.
I am wondering can I apply for stay on domestic violence base? Ive heard that most domestic violence case gets rejected.
Should I stay with her for further 5 years or should I go for domestic violence case?
What should I do?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Domestic Voilence

Post by seagul » Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 pm

khalidhussain96 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:13 pm
I hope all is well.
I am here in UK for one year on a spouse visa got my first 2.5 years leave.
Yesterday after a heated argument my wife poured boiling water on me which has caused first and second degree burns on a 10% of my body. I went to the hospital, but I said it was caused by an accident.
But my wife has showed not a little bit of remorse.
I belong to an extremely poor family from India and I don't wanna go back.
I am wondering can I apply for stay on domestic violence base? Ive heard that most domestic violence case gets rejected.
Should I stay with her for further 5 years or should I go for domestic violence case?
What should I do?
That is totally intolerable attitude which must have been reported to police instantaneously. For the time being stay away from her and keep save your valuable documents. In the meanwhile you should also try to start looking tier 2 sponsor as the last resort because the turbulence you have encountered might eventuate again. If you will be lucky enough in finding the tier 2 sponsor then may come back again with your own right.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.