ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English qualification for infinite leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

linalee
Newly Registered

English qualification for infinite leave to remain

Post by linalee » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 am

I would like to ask if I have taken the IELTS Academic, do I need to take IELTS Life skills (B1 level) in order to meet the English qualification requirement? Thank you!

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: English qualification for infinite leave to remain

Post by Evicra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:30 am

linalee wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 am
I would like to ask if I have taken the IELTS Academic, do I need to take IELTS Life skills (B1 level) in order to meet the English qualification requirement? Thank you!
hi
Linalee
1. you need to have life in UK test once in a life time if you have it already then you do not need to take that test again.
2. you
you can use your ILETS test or even expired IELTS test for ILR in following condition

"
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in situations

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

1.it’s on the current list of recognizedhttps://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-teststests
2.it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter